cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number Porting for 5 Days

JamesC6091
Visitor

I am switching over from Three to 48

My number began porting Wednesday 23 September and is still porting.

I contacted 48 by webchat a few times and was told to wait - did this - still porting.

I contact 48 by webchat again and told to check with Three which I did and Three said there is no problem on their end.

How long does it normally take to move number?

I tried to contact 48 by Twitter but their Twitter account isnt set up.

48 webchat dont  seem to be able to offer any solutions.

27 REPLIES 27

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
It definitely shouldn't take that long.
Always worked within the hour (during number porting office hours) for me.
I don't understand why support aren't helping you out more on this. 😞
I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
Last time I ported a number for somebody I entered the wrong details (prepay instead of bill pay) and it failed but I got a message immediately and once I resubmitted the porting request with the correct details it worked quickly.

Are you sure that you didn't get an email (to your junk/spam folder?) telling you that there was a problem with the porting request?
I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

No email recieved.

I checked with Three and they say the number is ready to port.

I was just onto 48 Webchat again and they say they will look into it (again!) and email me.

It seems to be taking a very very long time.

I hope someone in 48 can offer a solution as I dont want to be left without a provider as I use my phone for work also.

Support are useless, I moved my number today but cant buy a membership due to it saying I have abundle. Contacted support, "we will deal with this in 3-5 working days".

I can;t phone text or use data.

Awful service.

My number porting for 7 days now.

No solution offered by 48.

Not happy.

What did 48 support say?

It definitely should not take that long.

It always happened within the hour for me.

What is the option 3 you are talking about ?

Did you have any luck.  I'm waiting since Weds, no phone, no contact.  Very frustrating.

Nothing yet. I have emailed ComReg and copied in 48 and Three. I am caught between them both regrading transferring my number. Three say all is ok to transfer and 48 say Three and turning down request to port my number.
And they are both part of the same group!