cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No 4G of 5G

shaunaharris1
Newcomer
Hi.

I've just joined 48. Always had 4G with previous carrier and 5G where possible. However, since using my sim today, I have only had 3G. I'm using iPhone 12. I've reset network settings, turned iPhone off and on. Taken SIM card in and out. Voice & data is set to LTE and even when I choose 5G on.. still nothing! I've been on live chat and they haven't assisted me what so ever. I've updated all APN configurations also. Any advice welcome please !!!
3 REPLIES 3

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

What do you mean by "no 4G of 5G"?

Taken SIM card in and out. Voice & data is set to LTE and even when I choose 5G on.. still nothing! 

What do you mean by "still nothing"?

No service at all?

If so then it may be due to Apple's stupid iPhone activation process.

You probably need to explain your issue in more detail and more clearly.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

So when I say still nothing, I mean that I have tried everything between taking SIM card in and out, to changing from 2G to 5G and I'm still only getting 3G. 4G is not available what so ever. I have service. Can make calls texts and use data etc, however I do not have 4G, and even after configuring some of my mobile network settings, I'm still only getting 3G.

Are you sure that the APN settings are configured correctly? 

Text "APN" to 50048 and follow these instructions to ensure that they are: 

I presume that you've seen these Apple support links already? 

Maybe you need to try a factory reset of the phone? 

And maybe you could try a replacement SIM in case there's some issue with your existing 48 SIM?

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.