cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving phone number

ElenaP9416
Newcomer
I purchased a 48 SIM card a few weeks ago. I tried to activate it yesterday and move my phone number to the SIM card. I followed the instructions to do so and my account said the transfer was ongoing. My account no longer says that and I did not receive a message to say my number has been moved. When I go into my profile it also states a different number to the one I am using now and trying to move.
1 REPLY 1

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

Did you receive the porting security text to complete the number porting process?

This is sent to your phone when your old provider's SIM is installed and working in the phone.

See the instructions about this and what to do if you no longer have service with your old provider's network/SIM:

If your My48 account profile lists the wrong number (the new 089 number that came with the 48 SIM) then maybe try going through the porting process again.

But, as I said, you'll need your old provider's SIM installed and working in your phone in order to receive the porting security text message as part of this process.

If you need to contact 48 support about this then see the links in my signature below.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.