cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with 4G in West of Ireland?

AdiF9494
Newcomer
There were no issues with 48's 4G before I was hospitalized on 29th Jan 2023, and when I was discharged on 31st Jan 2023, after getting home, I noticed the absence of 4G. 

I initially thought the issue was with my Samsung phone so I rebooted it. It came back on but since then I'm having to reboot my phone once or twice a day; I also have a Motorola phone - both have 48 sim cards so it can't be both of my phones. There is definitely an issue with 4G in this area. The nearest Telecom mast is Ballinrobe Co Mayo.

It's imperative for me to be in constant communication via email and instant messaging apps.

Can you give me an update please if there are issues with 4G or if other users have had issues with 4G in the West of Ireland? Many thanks. 
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

You probably need to contact 48 support to ask them about this.

See the link in my signature below or email them at support@48months.zendesk.com

I don't understand why you say that you're having to reboot the phone regularly.

What happens that necessitates that?

Would you have access to another unlocked phone to see if things work better there just to eliminate any possible handset issues?

Do you know anybody else using 48 in your vicinity to check if they also have issues?

When you don't have 4G connectivity do you have any connectivity such as 3G?

Did anything change with the phone between it working and not working?

E.g. software or settings updates?

Were you abroad in the meantime?

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

View solution in context

3 REPLIES 3

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

You probably need to contact 48 support to ask them about this.

See the link in my signature below or email them at support@48months.zendesk.com

I don't understand why you say that you're having to reboot the phone regularly.

What happens that necessitates that?

Would you have access to another unlocked phone to see if things work better there just to eliminate any possible handset issues?

Do you know anybody else using 48 in your vicinity to check if they also have issues?

When you don't have 4G connectivity do you have any connectivity such as 3G?

Did anything change with the phone between it working and not working?

E.g. software or settings updates?

Were you abroad in the meantime?

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Many thanks... as I said before, I had no issues before I was admitted to the hospital and when I came home, that was when the issue started. I initially thought it was my phone but then I have two mobile phones with 48 sim cards in each. Both show the absence of 4G which affects the connectivity for vital communication tools such as email, instant messaging apps and internet surfing. I live in a slightly remote area. 

It's definitely not the phone or sim card (they are both well looked after and working well) so it must be the 3/4G which has been problematic since I came home last Tuesday 31st Jan. 

I had to reboot the phones in case of issues with the connectivity; after being rebooted, it works fine then it did it again!

I've since contacted 48 via Twitter and they've given me instructions in the hope it'll rectify the issue. I'll do that later. 

Thank you for your input. 

I've since contacted 48 via Twitter and they've given me instructions in the hope it'll rectify the issue. I'll do that later.