cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing numbers?

shaunaproctor
Visitor
Can I stay on 48 network but change number to old number ?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Did that help at all?

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

View solution in context

9 REPLIES 9

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

What exactly do you mean by "change number to old number"?

Do you mean that you ported in a number to 48 before but now want to use a 48 089 number instead?

If you want to port a number over to 48 then see here:

How do I keep my old number?

If you want to get a different 089 number from 48 then contact 48 support:

http://www.48months.ie/help#ask-a-48-agent

In the latter case this thread might also be of interest:

http://community.48months.ie/t5/Need-Help/how-do-i-change-my-083-number-to-an-089-number/td-p/26821

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

shaunaproctor
Visitor
I mean, could I possibly use my old number from a different network but still be on 48 network?

If you still "own" the number and have a SIM active on it then you can get it ported over.

See the first link that I posted above.

If you don't have a SIM active on this old number then you may have to contact 48 support - and maybe also support in the old network operator - to get it freed up and ported if possible.

Hope this helps.

Did that help at all?

Hiya iv just activated my new sim but it kept my old number and I wanted to change it. How do I go about it or have I to order a new sim. Thank you 🙂

What exactly do you mean by "old number"?

If you want to port a number over then see here:

How do I keep my old number? 

If you want a new 089 number from 48 then you'll need to contact 48 support to see if they can arrange that for you.

If you do this then you may "lose" whatever number is currently linked to your account/SIM.

http://www.48months.ie/help#ask-a-48-agent

Hope this helps.

Did that help at all?

mariam9410
Newcomer
I am waiting 5 days for my number to activated I moved my number from 3 network

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
You'll have to contact 48 support about this.
Nobody here on the community forum will be able to address it for you.

Hope this helps.