cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't send SMS message to 5XXXX competition number

CianM2184
Newcomer

I have an iPhone and I cannot send SMS even though I have additional phone credit on my account. I can make calls and can use data but sending messages seems to be a problem.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

4 REPLIES 4

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

What happens when you try?

Any error message?

You don't need "additional credit" to send SMS messages to Irish numbers - they are covered by membership allowances.

Are you using iMessage or some other app?

Maybe it's an iMessage configuration/activation issue?

If you need to contact 48 support about this then see the links in my signature below.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

I wasn't sending to an Irish number as such. I was trying to enter a competition where you text a number but they charge €2 per text - hence why I topped up additional credit. 

I was able to do it on the phone I have prior to joining 48. Not sure what the story is now though

Your original post suggested that no SMS messages could be sent at all.

I have an iPhone and I cannot send SMS ... sending messages seems to be a problem.

So that's not actually the case?

If you mean that you are trying to send a text to a Premium SMS/5XXXX number then that simply doesn't work on 48 and adding cash credit won't help:

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend