cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

7.99 offer & contracted with Virgin until December

RossC5531
Newcomer

Hey 48 Community.

I like the sounds of the 7.99 plan but im currently locked into a contract with Virgin which doesn't end until December of this year. 

I don't want to leave Virgin early or else ill have to pay punishment fees to but i understand there is a deadline with signing up to 48's 7.99 plan as well. To make things more complicated i want to keep my existing Virgin number.

Q: Can i register my 48 sim on the 7.99 plan in November and port my Virgin number in December when i am out of contract with Virgin?

4 REPLIES 4

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
Yes.
I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

stuartc0857
Newcomer

Hi   Its still well worth it. I am under contract with another provider until April but I have taken up the offer anyway.   All you need to do is order the free sim, activate it on line with the code you get with the sim. Pay E7.99 bundle (membership) just the once to secure the offer before Nov 10th deadline.  The bundle will end after a mth. even if you dont use it.  You then have up to six mths from 1st payment (see t &c point 17) before you must pay again to avoid loosing the E7.99 deal, number and any credit balance.  So its only going to cost you one E7.99 extra payment as well as your Virgin deal.   You dont even have to insert the sim to do this its online and you can transfer your number later on , I did it yesterday it was very easy.  

So you dont need to insert the Sim in to a phone to' activate' and also buy a membership? This would be great as my one and only phone is locked into a contract until next year. I am wondering how much time do you have from activating the Sim and then purchasing a membership? basing it on the 7.99 offer. thanks

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
You have to activate the SIM and buy a €7.99 membership before 5th January 2021 if you want to avail of the offer.
You don't have to port your number at that stage, you can do it later if you like.

https://48.ie/legal/terms-and-conditions#26

Hope this helps.
I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.