cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Whatsapp not connecting

RosettaM4606
Newcomer

Hi,
I hope someone can help I was trying to contact a friend in the UK on whatsapp. I can send texts and voicemails but if I make a call I hear the ringtone, she hears the ringtone but as soon as she answers the call is dropped. The same thing happens with video calls. I was in contact with 48 support earlier today and all the APN settings are correct. I was asked to reinstall Whatsapp which I've done and its made no difference. My husband can contact the same person on whatsapp using Vodafone. He checked his Whatsapp permissions with mine and they are the same. Any ideas on what I can do to resolve this?

6 REPLIES 6

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

What happens if your friend voice/video calls you on WhatsApp?

Could you try your 48 SIM in your husband's phone, configure the 48 APN and see if things work there?

Also, this might be of relevance:

https://faq.whatsapp.com/android/troubleshooting/connection-problems/?lang=en

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Thanks, I have tried the whatsapp link and it didn't work. I'll try my sim in his phone later today.

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
The link didn't work or the advice did not help?
I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Thanks Dalyer,
I should have been clearer. The link worked fine but the information from whatsapp didn't fix the problem. However the tip you gave me about trying the SIM in my husband's phone sorted out the problem. It worked perfectly in his phone and after that he went through all the settings on my phone to see if they were the same as his and he found that I had data saver switched on and he had it switched off. Switched my data saver off and it now works perfectly. So if anyone has this problem with whatsapp, i.e. can send texts and voice messages but can't make a call or video call then try turning data saver off. Worked for me. Thanks again for your reply.

Glad you got it sorted @RosettaM4606 .

Once again my post above appears under the wrong username! 😞