cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WhatsApp calls to USA don't work unless on WiFi

CatraoineM4760
Newcomer

Hello, new to 48 and find if I’m not on my house WiFi I can’t make watts app calls to USA. I was previously with 3 and had no problem! Any advise? Am I connected correctly to 48?
TIA Tri

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

> When I click on dashboard and roaming nothing happens.

I don't understand. 

This has nothing to do with roaming.

Does your Dashboard confirm that you have an active membership and a non-zero data balance? 

Presumably it will if calls/texts and mobile data other than WhatsApp USA calls are working ok?

If WhatsApp works on mobile data other than USA calls then that sounds more like a WhatsApp issue than a 48 network issue to me. 

Do WhatsApp calls to non USA numbers work? 

If they do then you probably need to check if something on WhatsApp is causing your problem.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

View solution in context

5 REPLIES 5

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

Sounds like your mobile data isn't working? 

Do other connected apps and browsing the internet work when not connected to your home or other WiFi network?

Did you configure your APN settings?

Text "APN" to 50048 and follow the instructions to make sure that they're configured correctly: 

You'll also need to have an active membership and a non-zero data balance. 

If you need to contact 48 support about this then see the links in my signature below.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Hi
Thanks for reply.
Yes everything else works when I’m out of house.
I bought first month and second month free, hence showing €0.02 credit.
I have updated APN

Does it say that you have an active membership plan on your My48 account Dashboard?

Does WhatsApp work at all while on mobile data? 

Or is it only USA calls that fail? 

Sounds very odd. 

You may need to contact 48 support as I suggested previously.

Thanks dalyer
When I click on dashboard and roaming nothing happens.
It’s just when I call USA outside home.
I’ll contact 48

> When I click on dashboard and roaming nothing happens.

I don't understand. 

This has nothing to do with roaming.

Does your Dashboard confirm that you have an active membership and a non-zero data balance? 

Presumably it will if calls/texts and mobile data other than WhatsApp USA calls are working ok?

If WhatsApp works on mobile data other than USA calls then that sounds more like a WhatsApp issue than a 48 network issue to me. 

Do WhatsApp calls to non USA numbers work? 

If they do then you probably need to check if something on WhatsApp is causing your problem.