Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming

CormacO6163
Newcomer
I'm in Berlin and have no access to data
12 REPLIES 12

All that will be fixed by July 2022 hopefully, where according to EU regulations all providers need to provide the same speed abroad (EU) as at home, meaning 48 will have to make 4G available on roaming as well (as in Ireland).

SandraP0769
Newcomer
Ah, that may explain why roaming doesn't work most of the time! Had the same issue in Germany and most of the time in Austria! Support kept telling me they are aware that some users currently experience issues and they are working on it. So they basically just told me some bs to get rid of me. Very frustrating!

Few issues with using 48 abroad (EU)

Android - calls and texts are fine. Data - I need to change to 48 APN and set all settings as android forgets everything everytime you go somewhere else... (not really smart for a smartphone)

Iphones - no chance for anything... network coverage jumps in for a second and out again. I even went to the apple store - they did the same what I did... clicked screen few times and said its a 48 issue not the iphone...

So no data or even calls or texts - connection to family members abroad is important - change to android to have some chance...

Anyway as far as 48 working fine in Ireland going abroad is not great... (terrible if you are iphone user...)