cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No network after trip to Northern Ireland

VincentT9905
Visitor

Hi there

I was in Belfast over the weekend. My phone switched from 48 to 02. Coming back over the border my phone didnt switch back over to 48. Ive tried manually selectng a network but it is not working.

Has anyone experienced this ? or has a fix? 

14 REPLIES 14

adamk77
Newcomer
Hi Vincent, heading to Belfast myself today from Clare, did your network automatically switch to O2 and your coverage work perfect from there on??

Hi , my phone worked fine when I was up there, auto switched to 02.

But since Ive been back Ive had no coverage & no network connection. 

Im not sure if its a phone issue (samsung a3) or 48 issue. 

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

@VincentT9905 wrote:

Ive tried manually selectng a network but it is not working.

What exactly do you mean by "it is not working"?

Any error messages?

Can you get a list of local (RoI) networks?

Can you see 48?

If you can, then what happens when you try to connect?

Have you tried enabling airplane mode and then disabling it or rebooting the phone in case that makes any difference?

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

I can get a list of ROI networks but whe I try to connect,"registering on network", I get "unable to connect,try later".

I can see 48 4G, 3G. Vodafone,Meteor etc

Stab in the dark but try switching off, taking the SIM out, reinserting/reseating it, switching on and trying again?

If that doesn't help would you have access to another unlocked phone to try the SIM in just to see what happens there?

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

No luck. But when I turn on my phone it says sim car locked. 

Is there anyway to reactivate this? 

I dont have another phone.

It looks like 48 have locked my sim. How can I unlock? theres no webchat link to ask anyone? 

48 can't remotely lock your SIM.

Do you mean that you have SIM PIN locking enabled and you entered the wrong SIM PIN three times so now you need the PUK from your My48 account to unlock it?

https://community.48.ie/t5/The-Knowledgebase/I-forgot-my-PIN-or-need-my-PUK/ta-p/256

What is the exact error message that you are getting?

Is it literally "SIM card locked" and nothing else?

By the way I see the Chat Now button here right now:

https://48.ie/contact-us

But it does seem hit and miss whether or not it appears and maybe also depending on how you access that page (e.g. phone/tablet versus laptop/desktop computer)...

JamesB1805
Newcomer
Same problem after I went on Hol up in Bangor. Phone could make calls up there but no data. Upon return I get the same error message and it won't connect to network. I've factory reset my phone tried various APN combos. Taken sim out and cleaned. My phone is essentially useless now.