Roaming

clodagh1999
Newcomer
Will my 3G work when I go on holidays to America
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

If you mean data then unfortunately not.

48 don't support data services while roaming abroad at the moment.

The situation is due to change in the EU in a couple of weeks but not in other regions:

EU Roaming Update

Going away? Using 48 when roaming

Otherwise to use the internet or connected apps while roaming abroad you can only do so on wifi where available.

If you mean calls/texts then these will work but you will need cash credit on your account to cover the costs of outgoing calls and texts and incoming calls as explained here:

http://www.48months.ie/membership-plans/going-abroad

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

View solution in context

4 REPLIES 4

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

If you mean data then unfortunately not.

48 don't support data services while roaming abroad at the moment.

The situation is due to change in the EU in a couple of weeks but not in other regions:

EU Roaming Update

Going away? Using 48 when roaming

Otherwise to use the internet or connected apps while roaming abroad you can only do so on wifi where available.

If you mean calls/texts then these will work but you will need cash credit on your account to cover the costs of outgoing calls and texts and incoming calls as explained here:

http://www.48months.ie/membership-plans/going-abroad

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Did that help at all @clodagh1999?

By the way - you seem to be using an iPhone in which case you will probably need to be aware of this issue when roaming due to the stupid way that Apple do things:

iPhone abroad issue

Hope this helps.

clodagh1999
Newcomer
Thank you for that @dayler, it helped ber much