Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Personal hotspot

aoifebeirne
Newcomer
How do I set up personal hotspot
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Configure your internet settings first and make sure that "normal" internet access is working.

Once it is then configure the personal hotspot following the Apple instructions and, if necessary, the additional instructions in my earlier link that explains how to get around a common problem with the stupid way that Apple do things.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

View solution in context

5 REPLIES 5

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

You seem to be using an iPhone?

If that's the case then see here:

https://support.apple.com/en-ie/HT204023

But, as usual, Apple make it more complicated than necessary so you will also need to read these instructions - including the note about iPhone personal hotspots near the bottom - to get things working.

http://community.48months.ie/t5/Need-Help/Internet/m-p/34493#M12560

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Did that help at all @aoifebeirne?

aoifebeirne
Newcomer
I am going to try it now

Configure your internet settings first and make sure that "normal" internet access is working.

Once it is then configure the personal hotspot following the Apple instructions and, if necessary, the additional instructions in my earlier link that explains how to get around a common problem with the stupid way that Apple do things.

Hope this helps.

Any joy @aoifebeirne?