cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No network signal in Northern Ireland

KevinK5794
Visitor

Good afternoon guys,

With cross-border travel now allowed, I made my first trip up to visit family in Northern Ireland.

Despite having roaming enabled, I had no network signal at all in the North so my phone was essentially useless.

Does the 48 network not allow roaming in UK/NI or is there an extra charge for this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
Yes that could be an issue if you set it to only connect to 48.
You should set that to auto.
I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

View solution in context

37 REPLIES 37

PatrickJO1998
Visitor
P S Also sent a new sim from 48 but still does not get anything up North.

GerC0234
Newcomer

08/12/2022

Still no sim connection in Nothern Ireland. Two phones tried today. Galaxy S20fe and Galaxy s5. Useless. No calls, no data, NO NETWORK.

Either they are supplying a EU licensed service or not. If not let them admit it.

This all began during March. Up until then I had friends use 48 sim in Spain, Canaries, UK, France and Nothern Ireland.

Not one of them have had 48 sim service abroad since.

I have a friend that has spent hours/days this year trying to sort this out always with the same lame useless solutions.

If they are supplying a cut price service for a cut price fee let them say so.

I recommended 48 Mobile to 20 friends most are not happy now that air travel is back.

Time to complain to Switcher. Best network for 2022 my ass.

It's time to complain to the regulator. 

PatrickJO1998
Visitor
I have just been sent a modified sim card which I am told solves the problem in N I will check it out shortly.

@PatrickJO1998 wrote:
I have just been sent a modified sim card which I am told solves the problem in N I will check it out shortly.

"Modified" in what way?

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

This has been marked as solved but I don't see anyone who confirms it's solved.

Myself and my wife have had exactly the same problem. Roaming was working fine last year and this year in Spain, Italy, Holand and Poland but today, as soon as we crossed the border, we completely lost the availability to call, receive calls or messages or Internet on the phone. NOTHING. No sign whatsoever, except for 5 minutes at the Giants causeway. Our roaming settings surely are OK, as it worked in other countries. Anyone knows the proper solution?

@JosepJunyentA5726 wrote:
This has been marked as solved but I don't see anyone who confirms it's solved.

Myself and my wife have had exactly the same problem. Roaming was working fine last year and this year in Spain, Italy, Holand and Poland but today, as soon as we crossed the border, we completely lost the availability to call, receive calls or messages or Internet on the phone. NOTHING. No sign whatsoever, except for 5 minutes at the Giants causeway. Our roaming settings surely are OK, as it worked in other countries. Anyone knows the proper solution?

I think that the issue may be marked as solved by the original poster who started the thread?

Is the info here of any use?

Was in NI over weekend. On an iphone, went into mobile data>newtwork selection and switched from automatic to manual, but it didn't work.

How I got it to work was in mobile data, I went into sim applications>when abroad>newtork selection and switched between manual and automatic. For some reason it worked when I did that. I did the same thing when coming back into Ireland but choose automatic.

@Patrk6317 wrote:

How I got it to work was in mobile data, I went into sim applications>when abroad>newtork selection and switched between manual and automatic. For some reason it worked when I did that. I did the same thing when coming back into Ireland but choose automatic.

Isn't that what the instructions here say to do?