cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No network after trip to Northern Ireland

VincentT9905
Visitor

Hi there

I was in Belfast over the weekend. My phone switched from 48 to 02. Coming back over the border my phone didnt switch back over to 48. Ive tried manually selectng a network but it is not working.

Has anyone experienced this ? or has a fix? 

14 REPLIES 14

@JamesB1805 wrote:
Same problem after I went on Hol up in Bangor. Phone could make calls up there but no data. Upon return I get the same error message and it won't connect to network. I've factory reset my phone tried various APN combos. Taken sim out and cleaned. My phone is essentially useless now.

What make and model of phone?

What happens when you do a manual search for networks?

What ones do you see?

Forget about data for the moment and focus on getting a connection to a network and calls/text working.

Once that is working you can look at APNs etc.

Can you try your SIM in another unlocked phone just to test it?

Can you try another person's 48 SIM in your phone?

You could try ordering a replacement SIM in case that's the problem.

https://48.ie/my48/settings (Reorder SIM > Order replacement option)

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

RaulR0705
Newcomer
I thought that my wife had broken her phone but now I recall it happened when we came back from a short Trip to Spain, ever since her phone was useless and had to buy her a new one..

@RaulR0705 wrote:
I thought that my wife had broken her phone but now I recall it happened when we came back from a short Trip to Spain, ever since her phone was useless and had to buy her a new one..

Perhaps this would have sorted it?

https://community.48.ie/t5/The-Knowledgebase/The-Roaming-Troubleshooting-Guide/ta-p/52179

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

DermotD1414
Newcomer

Your post was blank @DermotD1414 - did you mean to post a question?