cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My48 App for iOS not available (even though I am in Ireland)

RobertM2353
Newcomer

I just joined and I am using 48.ie with the 12,99 € plan here in Ireland (Cork area) via a TP Link Mobile Router (4G LTE Router). I did this because I usually live in Germany and whenever I am over here in Ireland I did not want to use my German mobile contract due to restrictions on data usage outside Germany. So far:

a) I got the 48 Simcard delivered to our house here in Ireland,

b) I activated it via the Internet and

c) I put it into my TP mobile router. 

d) I bought and now use the 12,99 € plan...

....and it all works. So far all fine except speed which is slow due to contract download speed restrictions (1Mbit if I am correct). But it works...

Problem with My48 App (no download possible):

I am just trying to download the App to my iOs gadget (iPad) over here in Ireland (Cork area). The download does not work. Message (in German language since I usually live in Germany) says that in my region the App is not available. When searching the Internet I found somebody else here in this community with the same issue. No solution was provided, just a discussion why not use the Internet....

I am aware that I can use the dashboard etc. on the Internet. But I still would like to get the App onto my iPad to check data usage since the so called unlimited data plan is limited to 200 GB and we are a family of five... Any ideas???

1 REPLY 1

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

Sounds like an Apple Store issue rather than a 48 issue.

Perhaps there's something useful here?

The My48 app isn't really essential since almost everything that you can do on the app can be done via the 48 website.

Flexi Data sharing is maybe one thing that can only be done via the app?

You can certainly check your data balance using the web based My48 account Dashboard.

If you still want to download the app and the link that I posted above doesn't help then you'll probably have to contact Apple support as mentioned here:

> and it all works. So far all fine except speed which is slow due to contract download speed restrictions (1Mbit if I am correct). But it works...

There is no 1Mbit (1Mbps?) download speed limit.

If your download speeds are that low then maybe your router isn't ideally located for the best connection or the coverage is weak in your area?

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.