cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile data not working

AlanD4651
Newcomer
As above. No mobile data in Dublin 15.
I even connected to wifi and topped up but still nothing.
Can staff please come back with an update?
23 REPLIES 23

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

48 support generally do not read or respond to posts here.

You'll have to contact them yourself.

See the link in my signature below.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

AlanD4651
Newcomer
Thanks, I Got support and they have fixed the issue.
I have an android phone and they got me to do the following.
Go into connections / mobile networks / access point names. This was listed as Tesco mobile internet.

They got me to delete this APN and add a new one with the following 2 settings.
(1) Name - 48 internet
(2) APN - 48 months.liffeytelecom.com

Once I saved this I made sure mobile data was turned on and turned wifi off. Mobile data came back on.

Hope this helps others with same issue.
Alan

Thank you for the help i got my mobile data back! cheers

mobile data not working

Thanks a million.

You're welcome - glad it helped.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

I had same problem. This fix did not work for me. The two agents (while very knowledgeable) eventually asked me to a) re-order sim, b) try sim in another phone. The re-ordered sim did not fix it. Same problem. Have not tried the 'different phone' approach yet, but given the number of people with this problem, I doubt it is a SIM or a phone problem.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS!  

My son had this issue for MONTHS... wish I'd looked into it for him!

Now connected!

Hi @CatherineE0313, I presume the issue was that his phone's internet/APN settings had not been configured correctly and once they were data/internet access started working?

Anyway, glad you got it sorted.