cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile data connection unusably slow while on a call?

AdamL2377
Newcomer

Hello everyone, I have a problem when I call someone and I have 5g all the time, then when I make a call it immediately switches to h, when I talk to someone on the phone for half an hour I have no access to the internet. It is very frustrating because I drive on Uber applications and just eat

3 REPLIES 3

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

Yes, that's unfortunately just the way it works as far as I know and have experienced and has been reported here by others in the past.

The mobile data connection is unusable while on a call in my experience. 

I think that mine was dropping to 2G or something. 

Whatever about the technical details it was impossible to browse or use apps while on a call. 

E.g. when contacting the bank or utility service providers and needing to use the app or website to access account details at the same time.

If you need to contact 48 support about this then see the links in my signature below.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

AdamL2377
Newcomer

Thank you for your answer I have to contact them because I can't work because of it because I work on Uber I just it applications and the moment someone calls me they disconnect me and throw me out of the application I have to log in again and take my orders away for example I go to a restaurant to pick up an order someone calls me disconnects me from the application network and takes my work away It is very frustrating

Yeah, it's just the way that 48 works at the moment as far as I know. 

I think if they supported VoLTE then it might improve matters

but I don't think that they do:

I suspect that 48 support will just confirm to you that what you're experiencing is just how things work and I doubt that they are going to be able to do anything about it immediately. 

If your livelihood depends on usable mobile data connectivity while on a call then I suspect that you'll probably have to move to another provider that can guarantee this.

I presume that colleagues and others in the same line of work might be able to tell you what providers they use and which work best?

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.