cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet

119peter
Newcomer
APN keeps changing to Tesco mobile causing no internet access. Why?
9 REPLIES 9

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
Edit and rename the Tesco APN(s) or delete them and create a new one for 48.

https://community.48months.ie/t5/The-Knowledgebase/My-Internet-is-not-working/ta-p/45928/jump-to/fir...

If that doesn't help then it's probably your phone and you'll need to contact 48 support for more advice.
What make and model of phone?
Samsung Galaxy by any chance?
They have an unfortunate and annoying habit of spontaneously losing/resetting their internet settings and unfortunately Samsung don't seem to care enough to fix it.
It's a problem that has been reported many times worldwide.

Hope this helps.
I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

119peter
Newcomer
Thanks for that Dayler. Current phone is Samsung S8. The same thing happened with my previous phone an LG G3. It's kinda funny that both 48 months and Tesco Mobile use the Three network.

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
Some phones misidentify 48 as Tesco but if the internet settings are correct then it shouldn't matter.
If it helps keeps happening that the settings get lost or revert to the incorrect ones then you'll need to contact 48 support.
You didn't clarify if internet still works even if the APN is named "Tesco".

Hope this helps.
I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
Did that help at all @119peter?

119peter
Newcomer
Hi Dalyer, thanks for your interest. Nope internet doesn't work when it flips the APN to Tesco Mobile AND deletes 48Months.

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

Can you just edit the Tesco APN with the 48 settings or do the settings also get reset?
Sounds like a problem with the phone's software.
Is the phone up to date with the latest software update from Samsung?
If so and the problem persists then I think you need to contact Samsung or the seller of the phone.

Hope this helps.

Did that help at all @119peter?

Hi Dalyer,

Since the issue arose on my old LG and one the new S8, I think the issue must be with the network software. Maybe something like the routine sending out of permissions to mobiles sharing the network. 

As you suggested earlier, maybe Tesco Mobile still have my mobile number on some list - even though it's several years since I was a customer of Tesco Mobile.

Thanks again for your interest.

Peter B

I'm not really sure why 48 support can't explain this if it happened with two different makes/models of phones.

I doubt that the network is pushing any settings out other than if requested via the Tweakker site.

Certainly none of the many phones that I have ever used or set up on 48 have received settings (even from the Tweakker site which has never worked for me personally!).

Sorry I can't really be of any more help here - it's annoying. 😞