cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet settings messed up abroad

bredamel
Newcomer

I am currenty studying in Hungary. I am on 48 and usually the network works fine here. Today I tried messing around with my APN settings to get the personal hotspot to work and now my mobile data has stopped working altogether. 

The setting I have entered in right now are:

mobile data:

APN 48months.liffeytelecom.com

MMS

APN 48months.liffeytelecom.com

MMSC http://mmc1/servlets/mms

MMS Proxy 10.1.11.19:8080

MMSmax message size 307200 (ive tried deleting this but it keeps reappearing) 

personal hotspot 

APN internet.proximus.be (have also tried deleting this but it keeps returning) 

Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this please?

7 REPLIES 7

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

Try disabling the personal hotspot and deleting your APN(s?) and then reconfigure things from scratch:

https://community.48.ie/t5/Other-Help/Internet-not-working-on-HUAWEI-ASCEND-g6-u10/m-p/34493#M12560

Check that normal internet/data access works.

If it does then try to enable and configure the personal hotspot again.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

I never got the hotspot working. It just said 'contact proximus'. I had followed that youtube video that is posted here a lot but it didn't work (I assume because I'm abroad). I tried resetting and reentering things from scratch - still no joy. 

Edit: no idea why this post appears under @mag0503 and not my actual name @dalyer! Seems to be a sporadic bug in the forum as this has happened before. 😞

Can you clarify...

1. Are calls and texts working?
  2. If you delete any APN(s) and reconfigure the settings from scratch - but ignore the personal hotspot for now - can you get internet/data working at all?
  3. If not then does the APN field keep changing from 48months.liffeytelecom.com to internet.proximus.be?
  4. Are you by any chance using an iPhone? If so then Apple's stupid setup might be a factor here too...

I suspect that you are going to have to contact 48 support to get them to advise here.

Unfortunately several people have reported problems with data while roaming in the EU before although I never had problems myself.

Hope this helps.

1. Calls and texts are working

2. I cant get the data working at all. If I try to ignore personal hotspot 'internet.proximus.be' gets filled in automatically. If I try to delete it, it gets filled back in automatically. 

4. Yes its an iphone 😞

Thanks for your help. It's strange as I usually have no problems at all. 

Can't you disable the hotspot altogether for the moment just to try to get normal data working?

What happens if you do that?

Do the APN details (in particular APN field = 48months.liffeytelecom.com) remain as you enter them?

And do they work or not?

You might need to contact 48 support as I mentioned.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

GordonD7015
Newcomer

This happened to me as well, I am home now and when I use the reset settings on my apple xv the Proximus details reappear in all the fields. I cant get a 48 signal so have no phone or internet outside of wifi.

Maybe this recent post might be of relevance here?

https://community.48.ie/t5/Internet/How-to-fix-no-network-service-when-roaming/m-p/56352/highlight/t...