cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet not working Samsung Galaxy S6

woodlawn4
Visitor
On home broadband I've no problem with internet ... but as soon as i leave house no wifi.... i am frequently goung into setting and putting in APN info as given by 48
7 REPLIES 7

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

Follow the instructions here to configure your settings correctly:

http://community.48months.ie/t5/Other-Help/Internet-not-working-on-HUAWEI-ASCEND-g6-u10/m-p/34493#M1...

However Samsung Galaxy phones seem to have an annoying habit of spontaneously losing the APN settings so that they need to be configured again.

This is not specific to 48 and 48 have no control over it - it's a Samsung problem.

So you need to contact them or whoever sold you the phone to find out how to address this.

Unfortunately I've never managed to find a failsafe solution to this problem which has been reported many times with Samsung Galaxy phones.

Just curious - what specific model is your phone and what specific version of Android is it using?

Is it on the latest Android version available from Samsung for this phone?

Hope this helps.

Edit: the only possible solution that I have seen is to do a factory reset of the phone and see if that makes any difference. However this will delete everything so you would want to backup and restore any data/apps/settings that you need to ensure that you don't lose anything.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Did that help at all?

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

woodlawn4
Visitor
Hi...thanks for your advice...sick of putting in again and again the APN ... normally this sorts problem for another week or two... However, all settings are correct but no data outside of house ... haven't a clue on model or version of phone ... Samsung Galaxy S6 thats all I know!!!

Are you on the latest software for the Samsung Galaxy S6 phone?

http://www.samsung.com/ie/support/usefulsoftware/FOTA/

Hope this helps.

woodlawn4
Visitor
G920F is the model ..checked in settings and I am on automatic updates...double checked in manual updates and it said i have l latest version..
I'll see how i get on with a new SIM which 48 said that'd send as they cant sort problem either
... here, you're a handy man with the phones!!

I'll be surprised if a new SIM sorts ot but you never know.

It just seems to be a common problem with Samsung Galaxy phones unfortunately and I've never seen a failsafe solution.

Other than perhaps a hard/facotry reset which will erase all data.

Hope this helps.

woodlawn4
Visitor
Cheers 😀