Re: How to fix no network service when roaming

Newcomer
‎09-05-2022 04:23 PM

was in the UK at the weekend and had no signal at all, home now and now I can only receive texts if my phone is connected to the internet, weird. definitely switching back to 3.

0 Likes

The Legend
‎09-05-2022 05:27 PM

@Elizabethw2326 wrote:

was in the UK at the weekend and had no signal at all, home now and now I can only receive texts if my phone is connected to the internet, weird. definitely switching back to 3.

Any use?

https://community.48.ie/t5/The-Knowledgebase/The-Roaming-Troubleshooting-Guide/ta-p/52179

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support then please click here - if the Chat Now option does not appear on that page then keep trying until it does.
Posted from Generic Android 2.0
0 Likes

Visitor
‎09-05-2022 05:44 PM
No.
As it has been highlighted by tons of people tons of times.
Posted from Apple iPhone
0 Likes

The Legend
‎09-05-2022 05:46 PM

@MATTEOC0434 wrote:
No.
As it has been highlighted by tons of people tons of times.

Maybe @Elizabethw2326 could try the "Returning home" tip and see if it works for her?

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support then please click here - if the Chat Now option does not appear on that page then keep trying until it does.
Posted from Generic Android 2.0
0 Likes

Visitor
‎09-05-2022 05:50 PM
OK. Sorry.
Misread the original post.
Coming back to Ireland, selecting "automatic" shiuld make everything working again (tried on multiple phones both Android and iOS).
If everything fails setting up the APN from scratch would do.

The issue is when you are abroad: over the last few months, nothing seems to work.
Posted from Apple iPhone
0 Likes

Newcomer
‎10-05-2022 06:50 PM

Just returned from Brussels, where I could get phone & text, but zero data. After a 2 hour web chat suggesting the usual stuff quoted on the FAQ site......was told that many people using the 48.ie just can't get data abroad. They know about it and plan to fix it....at some stage

0 Likes

Visitor
‎10-05-2022 08:31 PM

Consider yourself lucky. At least you had phone/text.

I couldn't even get that, no matter what.

What is weird is that this was working (not brilliantly, not immediately, not anywhere as fast as it should be) back during Christmas 2021. No clue what has happened over the last four months.

0 Likes

Newcomer
‎19-05-2022 10:10 AM
Brilliant Cormac.....wasted my time doing what was suggested by 48......your post took only couple of minutes to sort out.....cheers.
Posted from Alcatel 8082 EEA
0 Likes

Newcomer
‎21-05-2022 11:25 PM
Same here it's a disgrace
Posted from Samsung SM-A202F
0 Likes

Newcomer
‎09-06-2022 11:56 AM
Thank you very much for this. Mine was et to automatic and when I changed it to manual I received signal within seconds. Very helpful
Posted from Apple iPhone
0 Likes

Announcements
Welcome to the 48Community!

To take part in the discussions or to post your own question, you'll need to register so If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so. Register now >>

While you're here, check out our "Featured Topics" below.

Our Troubleshooting Guide and Knowledgebase contain help and support articles and popular questions to help you as a 48 customer.

Order a free SIM
Earn some extra credit or cash with MatesRates!
Unlock your phone
Ask the community