cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

48 APN keeps reverting back to Tesco Mobile APN any solution

Anon
Not applicable
I have a new unlicked Samsung Galaxy A3. I joined 48 and the APN automatically went to Tesco Mobile. I have deleted it everyday and manually set up the 48 APN but it keeps reverting back to Tesco Mobile after a few hours.I have also used the 48 tweaker to no avail. If I can't find a solution and I have Google this for a long time and can't find solution I am going to have to leave 48. Has anyone had a similar problem or have a solution to this problem. I have contacted 48 but they seem unable to assist.
10 REPLIES 10

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

This issue has been reported before but I haven't seen a general solution either.

http://community.48months.ie/t5/Need-Help/Internet-issues-after-moving-from-Tesco-mobile-to-48/td-p/...

Samsung Galaxy phones seem to be generally very temperamental when it comes to settings and retaining them reliably.

Maybe try a replacement SIM to see if it makes a difference?

Is your phone on the latest software available?

If the phone is seeing 48 as Tesco then that's an error on Samsung's part.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Any update?

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Hello there, I ported to 48.ie from tesco and I am having same issues now in October 2020. I have samsung s9+ is there any solution for the issue?

I am having the same problem even though I have never been a Tesco customer.

48_Retired
Crew (retired)
Crew (retired)

Hi @Anon, just wondering if you got sorted with this and how you're getting on?

pat
Visitor

Just started happening on my wifes Samsung S5.

Got this reply from 48

We're aware of Tesco taking over APN settings. They've been doing this in most Android handsets and we're unsure why they're doing that. We've already raised a case with HQ to get in touch with Tesco to find out why they're doing that and to stop it. This is still under investigation.

That's a bit of a joke seeing as you reported this in 2016.

Constantly happens abroad, failed to fix despite emailing 48 support every day for a week. 

Very disappointing..

Paulm0753
Newcomer
Having same problem with Huawei as well.

SauliusJ1438
Newcomer
I have the same problem. My phone is pocophone.

@SauliusJ1438 wrote:
I have the same problem. My phone is pocophone.

Strange - I also use the Poco F1 and have never had this problem...