Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who Me Too'd this topic

Faulty new sim - not picking up service

aoifebrayd
Newcomer

Hi

I have been with 48 months since 2014. I have just returned from being aborad for 6 months and ordered a replacement sim with my old number. Despite having activited online, and contacting a 48 online agent - the sim was not picking up any network.

The 48 rep advised me to try the sim in another phone to determine whether it was the sim or hardware causing the problem. I purchased a tesco mobile sim and this worked perfeclty and picked up network no issue. Therefore the issue is either with the 48 sim or network.  I ordered another sim and the same issue peristed. I tried to change my network to tesco mobile but I cannot move my number as a verification code needs to be sent to my old numner which is not possible as the sim/ network isnt working!!

I am just home from being abroad, and am self islating as a result of the pandemic and have no way of ringing people (bar through wifi). I am so frustated that i am essentially snookered (my number is attached to a network that doesnt work, tesco mobile sim is working for me but I am not able to move my old number).

Kind regards

Aoife

Who Me Too'd this topic