Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Moving to new Memberships

Started ‎21-04-2020 by
Modified ‎06-05-2020 by

So, we've made a few changes to 48 Memberships since the 21st April’20. 

If you’ve joined 48 before 21st April’20 then you might have a few questions. We’ve tried to cover the most of them below. 

What changes & why?

Since 48 launched in 2012 the idea was always to do things differently, and it was well overdue for us to that again, so we've introduced 2 new memberships & some other very cool features. A full breakdown of all the changes are available here.

Will an existing queued/recurring membership change to the new membership automatically? 

No! If you purchased an old membership before the 21st April’20 then it will continue as-is, as per the terms which were applicable at the time of purchase.  

Basically, if you bought it before 21st April’20
 then we will honour the deal available at the date of purchase! 

However, if you’re looking to move to one of our new memberships; click here. 

Do I have to choose a new membership? I’d prefer to stay with what I have? 

Nope, if you are happy with the old membership you can choose to stick with it (no judgies). 

You can do so without any interruption to your service and get the same price and features you’ve grown to love. You can still use My48 to check your usage and purchase memberships as normal. 

Can I move to one of the new memberships? 

Yeah definitely! To move to one of our new memberships; click here. 

How do I move to a new plan, I hear you say? 

Moving is easy! 

Log in to My48, visit the menu, select memberships and choose the membership that suits you best. If you still have time remaining on your current membership, you’ll have to wait for it to finish before starting your new one, but you can stack a new membership, so it kicks in the moment your existing one finishes.

Remember as an existing customer, you can recruit friends and earn credit for both of 
you 😄.  

What’s included - Legacy vs New? 

Our new plans include way more data and ways to use that data. You can access Flexi-data which allows you to never waste data again. Save whatever you don’t use for a later day, share it with a friend in need or even donate it to charity. We’ll exchange all the data you donate into cash and donate it to a good cause.

From April, 21st 2020

Before April, 21st 2020

Before March, 5th 2013

Plan

20GB

40GB

The Guido

The Mitch

The Don

The Standard

The Doke

Cost per Month

€ 9.99

€ 14.99

€ 10

€ 15

€ 20

€ 10

€ 20

Free Data on Activation

1GB

1GB

Na

Na

Na

Na

Na

Data

20GB

40GB

3GB

25GB

20GB

Na

1GB

Flexi Data Options

Yes

Yes

Na

Na

Na

Na

Na

Mobile Minutes

Landline Minutes

Na

Texts

Unlimited

Unlimited

Unlimited

Unlimited

Unlimited

Unlimited

EU Roaming

7GB

9GB

Yes

Na

Na

Na

Na

Unlimited Whatsapp Messages

Na

Na

Yes

Yes

Yes

Na

Yes

Note: Memberships from April, 21st 2020 300 minute call allowance is for mobiles & landlines. 

Can I move back to my old membership? 

No, once you move to a new membership you wont be able to move back 

I am with 48 since X years, why didn't you tell me about the new memberships? 

We would have loved to reach out to you in advance but this information was top secret until launch day! Once we could share the good news though we did contact all customers that we had permissions to contact through e-mails. If you didn't receive an email pop in and update your preferences in your My48. 

I recently renewed my membership, but I want the new membership ASAP. When can I get it? 

As you’ve already paid and activated your current membership you’ll need to wait until this expires. Once it expires you can change to one of the new memberships immediately.  

I’m on the old membership, why am I getting less but paying more? 

If you feel you’ll get more value by moving to one of our new memberships, then we’d recommend changing just tap here. 

I'm on a Legacy membership so can I continue to use the 1745 text option? 

If you’re on one of the old plans pre March 2020; you can buy all our great memberships or add-ons by sending a simple text. You need to ensure you have some credit on your number already. The table below give you all the details you need. 

Service 

To order by Text 

Price 

The Guido 

Send  “GUIDO”  to 1745 

€10 

The Don 

Send  “DON”  to 1745 

€20 

The Mitch 

Send  “MITCH”  to 1745 

€15 

Standard* 

Send  “STANDARD” or "MONTHLY" to 1745 

€10 

Mobile calls 

Send  “CALLS”  to 1745 

€3 

Landline calls 

Send  “LOSERS”  to 1745 

€3 

Text 

Send  “TEXTS”  to 1745 

€3 

Internet 

Send  “INTERNET”  to 1745 

€3 

*Standard Membership is only available for members who joined 48 before March 5th

For new Memberships plans and add on's are activate through your My48 Web or App.

Announcements
Welcome to the 48Community!

To take part in the discussions or to post your own question, you'll need to register so If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so. Register now >>

While you're here, check out our "Featured Topics" below.

Our Troubleshooting Guide and Knowledgebase contain help and support articles and popular questions to help you as a 48 customer.

Contributors
Article Dashboard