I want to leave 48, how do I do that?

Started ‎06-05-2013 by
Modified ‎09-10-2017 by

Sorry to hear that.  Was it something we said?  Well I guess all good things come to an end.

You will be glad to hear it's very easy to move your 48 number to another network.

Just contact the network you want to move to and they will arrange everything from there for you. As your account here on 48 is a prepay account, you won't need an account number for them to submit a port for your number.

If I leave what happens to my credit?

(click "more info" below to reveal information) 

More info

I'm afraid you lose any credit or membership you have.

Have a read of the boring T's & C's http://48months.ie/boiler-plate/terms#8.

Might be an idea to hang on until any credit or membership you have is used.

What if I don't want to move to another network?

(click "more info" below to reveal information) 

More info

If you don't wish to move to another network and don't want to keep your number, you can simply stop using it.

After 6 months to 1 year of inactivity - inactivity meaning no calls/texts/internet usage, and no top-ups or subscription use - your number may be recycled, meaning that any credit will be lost, your account will be closed and your number may be given to someone else.

Announcements
Welcome to the 48Community!

To take part in the discussions or to post your own question, you'll need to register so If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so. Register now >>

While you're here, check out our "Featured Topics" below.

Our Troubleshooting Guide and Knowledgebase contain help and support articles and popular questions to help you as a 48 customer.

Contributors
Article Dashboard