cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Resolved] Issue with all network services, 19th December

techie_kev
Crew
Crew

We are currently experiencing a major outage across our network resulting in the failure of calls, texts and data. The previous issues affecting our website have now been resolved.

We are very sorry for the inconvenience; this issue is being given the highest priority with our service providers to get this resolved as soon as possible.  We will continue to provide updates here on the Community.

Latest update – 20/12/13 @ 09:21

Calls, text and data are now back to normal and we will continue to monitor the services across the network throughout the day. Services began to return last night from approx 1:30am.

Your phone should automatically re-connect to the network.  However, your handset may need to re-register itself on our network and the best way to achieve this is to turn your phone off and turn it on again.  In some cases, you will need to search for networks manually, find 48 and then connect to it.

We will in touch later in the day with more information on the issues last night.

Previous updates:

(click on "more info")

More Info

20/12/13 @ 02:10

We are now seeing all services returning across the network, however it may take some time to update to all of our customers.

Your handset may need to re-register itself on our network and the best way to achieve this is to turn your phone off and turn it on again.  In some cases, you will need to search for networks manually, find 48 and then connect to it.

Thank you for your patience this evening and sorry for the inconvenience caused by this outage. We will be continuing to closely monitor the network throughout the night.  Our focus will now be on establishing the root cause of this issue and putting steps in place to ensure it does not happen again. We will keep you updated on this through the Community.

20/12/13 @ 01:27

We are seeing some connections back on the network, but these have been intermittent. The process that our engineers are now working through may take some time to complete and they will be continuing to work on this throughout the night.  We will be monitoring the progress of these changes and will provide a further update to you before 8:00am.

20/12/13 @ 00:30

Our engineers are continuing to work on a number of fixes to restore service across the network.  There are a number of steps required in this process as it takes some time to bring the service fully back.

We know you are very frustrated with this, and so are we, and we would like to apologise for the inconvenience this outage has caused.   Our focus is now on getting service restored tonight and will we update you on the cause of these issues following a thorough investigation when service is restored.

We will have a further update for you just after 1am.

19/12/13 @ 22:25

We are still experiencing issues getting full service restored.  Every available resource is working hard to get service back as soon as possible.

19/12/13 @ 21:20

As we mentioned in our previous update we are seeing some calls, texts and data being successful on the network.  However, the return to full service for everyone is taking longer than we had anticipated.  Our engineers are working hard to speed up this process and get your service back as soon as possible.

19/12/13 @ 20:23

We are now seeing services returning for a number of customers.  You may need to restart your phone to ensure that your phone reconnects to the network completely.

All website services are now working again. 

19/12/13 @ 19:28

Our engineers are on site and we have given this the highest possible priority.  We will have some updates and timeframes shortly and we will post them here as soon as they are available.

641 REPLIES 641

Just checked and still no internet. Checked APN and noticed it had disappeared. Same happened last time there was an outage.  You can follow this link and have your settings sent to your phone.

http://community.48months.ie/t5/Need-Help/Internet-not-working/m-p/8361

All back to normal here Smiley Happy

pclerkin
Newcomer

I am unable to recieve calls or make calls on my phone since the outage?

No idea what's going on?

gbolly
Newcomer

As at today i have not been able to make or receive any call whatsoever. Its really frustrating. I cant even locate where or how to see if there'e any reply to my messages to DAMIAN. You seems not to be really interested in sorting customers out and make them happy. Anyway, if this problem could not be solved, how can you reimburse my payments in advance so i can opt for other reliable company. Waiting

1amcn
Rock Star

Hi

Have you turned off and on your phone as the handset gets a signal boost this way...?

If that won't work try contacting support.

http://help.48months.ie/requests/new

🙂

1amcn
Rock Star

Hi

You can check your messages to the agents by looking at the bottom of your 'My 48' page on the lower right, you will also see a response from them in your email/gmail....

1amcn
Rock Star

Hi jeff1

Have you got back to full operation again?

🙂

techie_kev
Crew
Crew

Following the outage last Thursday, we have posted updated details of the outage and an update about the PMV Trust.

ciara90
Newcomer

I have no service again today, when will it be fixed????

Anon
Not applicable

Ive had no service for days ive tried turning off and on the phone ive tried serching for the network and its not even showing up what do i do now your saying its fixed but mine isnt i checked my subscription and its up  to date too