cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TCL 20 phone - no SIM Manager/Tool Kit app

MichaelK7679
Visitor

I was in London recently, and could not connect my phone for the entire trip. I have not had this issue since before I had a mobile phone inteh 90's. Support said to use Sim Manager to switch to roaming, but Sim Manager is NOT on my phone. Others say they found the app,  on other model phones,  in Tools but it does not exist on the TCL20. Then support said I needed a new SIM on my retun, and that this would install SIM Manager. I orderd a new SIM, and still no Sim Manager.

I will be away again during the summer and do not want a repeat, so I will have to switch providers unless I can get a fix. Has anyone got a TCL20 that has SIM Manager, and where might it be?

TIA

9 REPLIES 9

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

It's called SIM Tool Kit on my phone (Xiaomi Poco F1).

Do you have that?

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

@dalyer - Thanks for the reply

No - I have no apps like Sim Toolkit / Sim Manager. My wife, on 48 and with Samsung Flip4 has the app alright. It seems an issue with TCL20, and was hoping others might have same phone / issue / and fix

I presume that there isn't an app named "STK" visible?

It seems odd that the SIM Tool Kit app isn't appearing given that the presence of a SIM installed in the phone usually triggers its availability. 

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

No. No app like that either.

If you could try your SIM in another spare unlocked phone and the SIM Tool Kit app appears there then it must be something specific with the TCL phone/software that results in it not showing there. 

Maybe there's a support forum for TCL phones that might be worth consulting?

I didn't the day seeing up an old headset. The sun manager was not in it but when I put in the sun card, I got 2 texts from 48 and voila, SIM manager.

So I factory reset my TCL and went through the whole process again. No texts from 48 and still no SIM manager.

Your post seems a bit garbled and difficult to understand. 

Did you solve the problem?

@dalyer

Sorry about that.

I tried it in Samsung A51 we had lying around and the sim manager was there. So I did a factory reset on my TCL20 and started from scratch.
Infuriatingly there was still no sim manager. Looks like TCL does not work on 48.

Would you have access to another provider's SIM to see if, when it's inserted, the SIM Manager/Tool Kit app appears? Just in case the issue isn't actually specific to 48.