Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Recruiting friends

[ Edited ]
Newcomer
‎25-09-2020 10:46 AM

Hi,

I just want to check the step by step instructions for recruiting friends before I try this, as I've just moved to 48 myself. So I ported a couple of days ago, but haven't bought a membership yet. I ordered some recruiter sims and got them today. So are these steps correct?

1. I buy a 7.99 membership

2. My friend activates the sim I give him and ports his number. 

3. He buys a 7.99 membership

4. We both have the 7.99 (value of both our memberships) added to our accounts

Just want to make sure I haven't missed any steps before we do this, in case we lose out on the offer. I wasn't sure if you had to do something specific to say that it's a recruit sim, or does the fact that I ordered the sim from my recruiter section of My48 mean that sim is already marked somehow as being for a recruit? Thanks for any help.

Posted from Huawei VOG-L09
0 Likes

Re: Recruiting friends

[ Edited ]
The Legend
‎25-09-2020 12:31 PM

That's correct.

https://48.ie/my48/recruit-and-reward

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee so if you need to contact 48 support then please see here.
0 Likes

Newcomer
‎25-09-2020 06:12 PM
Thank you for your reply. Do you know if it matters that I hadn't purchased a membership at the time I ordered the recruiter sims? I didn't think so, as I had no problem ordering the sims while still using the free 1gb data. But I just saw a comment on twitter that seemed to read as though you must have an active membership at the time you ordered the recruiter sims, in order to qualify for the rewards. Thanks again
0 Likes

Newcomer
‎25-09-2020 06:15 PM
And also, he activated the sim to make sure the data worked ok in his area, so will that affect whether we would get the recruiter rewards? So basically I was still using the 1gb free, he activated his sim to test. I have since purchased a membership, but I'm wondering now in our situation will it still be ok for him to purchase membership now and we'd qualify, or have we messed up with this sim?
0 Likes

The Legend
‎25-09-2020 07:22 PM

As far as I know none of the above affects the recruit friends bonuses.

I think you are overthinking this to be honest!

I am not a 48 employee so if you need to contact 48 support then please see here.
1 Like

Newcomer
‎25-09-2020 07:24 PM
Ok thanks dalyerzl, you're probably right that sounds like me lol. I appreciate your help, thanks.
0 Likes

Newcomer
‎21-12-2020 02:06 PM
Forget the free credit deal. Unless you want to spend hours and hours answering stupid questions. To get the credit you have to contact customer service. It is the worst nwtwork ever. I had to contact them to push them with porting my number. Moving elswhere.
Posted from Xiaomi Redmi 9
0 Likes

The Legend
‎21-12-2020 03:25 PM
I and others got the recruitment credit bonus no problem.

Posted from Generic Android 2.0
0 Likes

Announcements
Welcome to the 48Community!

To take part in the discussions or to post your own question, you'll need to register so If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so. Register now >>

While you're here, check out our "Featured Topics" below.

Our Troubleshooting Guide and Knowledgebase contain help and support articles and popular questions to help you as a 48 customer.

Order a free SIM
Earn some extra credit or cash with MatesRates!
Unlock your phone
Ask the community