cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have setup payments to be manual but 48 wants to automatic

EdwardO5810
Newcomer

I have set my subscription to be manual, but 48 is automatically charging me

How can I stop automatic payment without blocking 48 subscription?

4 REPLIES 4

EdwardO5810
Newcomer

Just to clarify:

When I am asked to  " automate" , I always pick " Keep doing it myself "

If auto-renewal is disabled then, when you buy a membership plan, it will give you that prompt.

But you just select "Keep doing it myself" if you don't want to enable auto-renewal. 

It doesn't force you to enable auto-renewal and opting to do it manually doesn't impact your service.

If you need to contact 48 support about this then see the links in my signature below.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Thanks Dalyer

I setup the account and stated manual, I got an extra month free due to buying SIM.

The next month after it automatically removed money from my account, so I removed my card details hoping this would resolve the situation

I looked at my bank details and it stated an upcoming transaction was a monthly charge from 48 ,  so I will mail support and ask them to switch automatic renewal of my monthly account

Thank you again for your response, I will update thread with  response

Sorry, I don't really understand. 

But if you don't want auto-renewal enabled and want to do everything manually then just don't enable auto-renewal and maybe also delete the registered card details and just enter them manually each time. 

But, even if you have your card details registered no charges can be unilaterally made to it if auto-renewal is disabled.

I have a couple of accounts on which I do everything manually so it's definitely possible.

You don't have to ask 48 support to do anything here.

You can disable membership auto-renewal and/or remove your registered card details yourself via your My48 account:

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.