cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit with no membership

LukeE0788
Newcomer
Hi just wondering if it's possible to keep my membership active by only using credit on my account to make occasional texts/calls, rather than keeping an active membership?
6 REPLIES 6

LukeE0788
Newcomer
Sorry. * Keep my account/number active.

No. You need to buy membership at least every 6 months to keep your account/number active.

See here - in particular sections 7.2 and 7.3:

https://48.ie/legal/terms-and-conditions#7

You also need an active membership in order to make calls, send texts and use data.

You can still receive calls/texts if you don't have an active membership.

Cash credit is only used for paying for stuff like MMS messages, calling certain non geographic numbers, international calls/texts, roaming outside of EU/UK etc.

It doesn't cover calls/texts to Irish numbers or data usage.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

LukeE0788
Newcomer
7.2 and 7.3 don't seem to mention anything about purchasing a membership, just purchasing top up credit OR a chargeable use. Surely this would mean purchasing credit is sufficient to keep my account/number?

They must've changed the wording recently but, as far as I know, and in my own experience, they mean membership there and if you don't buy membership for 6 months then your account gets suspended. And, after another 7 months it gets deleted. This happened to a SIM that I was using recently because I failed to buy membership for more than 13 months.

And what I said about not being able to make calls/send texts/use data without an active membership, no matter how much cash credit you have on the account, is also accurate.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

LukeE0788
Newcomer
Makes sense, thanks for your help. Just one last side question then, if I don't have a membership, I could still make an international call once every 6 months using credit and that would keep my account running?

As far as I know, you won't be able to make any calls, including international calls, with no active membership no matter how much cash credit you have on your account.

In any case, as I have stated several times, you need to buy membership at least once every six months if you don't want your account to get suspended.