cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't buy membership

KevinC0998
Visitor
I manually renew my membership every month. My latest membership expired last night. Today when I try to buy any membership and click "Choose new payment method", the page displays this error message: "Could not initiate Secured Payments. Please try later". I've been buying memberships for months without issue. This error is new to me.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

... I guess it's just 48 that doesn't like the .wang.

View solution in context

11 REPLIES 11

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

You'll probably need to contact 48 support.

See the link in my signature below or email them at support@48months.zendesk.com

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

GerryH4632
Newcomer
They know about the problem and are trying to fix it 👍

@GerryH4632 wrote:
They know about the problem and are trying to fix it 👍

I don't understand. Are you the original poster under a different name?

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Original poster here. I guess @GerryH4632 is having the same issue and chatted with the Care Crew. I chatted with the Care Crew twice and got the same reply, verbatim, twice. That is, "we know there's a problem and we are trying to fix it". My membership is now expired 24 hours and I cannot renew it. 

The 48 Support Live Chat window now has a pinned message. It reads:

"We are currently aware that a small cohort of customers are experiencing payments issues with their memberships and auto renew. Our technical team are working to resolve this disruption as soon as possible. We thank you for your patience."

I was chatting to a member of the Care Crew about the issue when the service broke down. "Connection Lost", it said.

This is my second day without 48 service. Lovely.

I managed a DIY fix for this issue. I used Chrome dev tools to inspect the network traffic during the checkout process. The checkout method received a failure response with the message, "Invalid email address". That's odd. It is rejecting the same dot wang email address I've used without issue since I singed up to 48. Anyway, I updated my 48 profile with a new dot com email address and everything worked out fine. Now that I think of it, recently my dot wang email address was rejected as invalid when purchasing something elsewhere online. The dot wang TLD or my dot wang domain must be on a blacklist somewhere. 

In short, I changed the email address in my 48 profile and then I was able to buy membership. 

What does this say about your .wang domain?

https://mxtoolbox.com/blacklists.aspx

@dalyer Unlisted. All "OK". 

... I guess it's just 48 that doesn't like the .wang.