cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will my SIM be blocked if I don't buy membership?

ALEXANDRG7498
Newcomer

Hello everyone, I want to ask this question: if I don’t pay the bill on time, can my SIM card be blocked?
Or will it be active for some time? The question is exactly how long will it be active?In my country where I am from, if you don’t top up your account on time, then you only have the right to receive calls, but not to call here as well?

4 REPLIES 4

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

There's no bill with 48.

It's a prepay network based on monthly membership plans.

You buy a membership whenever you want to or you can register your payment card details on your account and enable membership auto-renewal if you want your membership renewed automatically each month.

If you don't have an active membership plan then you won't be able to make calls, send texts or use mobile data.

You'll only be able to receive calls and texts.

Your SIM is only blocked if you don't buy a membership plan for 6 months in a row. 

8.1 You can end your agreement with us at any stage by not using the 48 Services and choosing not to top up your Account at any stage over a 6 month period or if we tell you that there is a modification to these Terms and Conditions and you do not accept the modification by notifying us in the ways we allow of your non acceptance within 30 days of the date we make publicly known or directly tell you about the modification. No cancellation charges will apply.

If you need to contact 48 support about this then see the links in my signature below.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Thank you very much, you helped a lot and explained everything competently.
° it turns out that if I don’t pay for 6 months the SIM card is blocked, but if I pay in a month or two everything will be fine?
° I have the right to only receive calls and text messages for 6 months? But not to call or send messages

> it turns out that if I don’t pay for 6 months the SIM card is blocked, but if I pay in a month or two everything will be fine?

Yes.

> I have the right to only receive calls and text messages for 6 months? But not to call or send messages

As I said, you need to have an active membership plan in order to be allowed to make calls, send texts and use mobile data. 

If you don't have an active membership then you can only receive calls and texts. 

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

7.3 Where the 48 Services are suspended because you have chosen not to purchase top up credit or make a chargeable use in respect of your Account for a period of 6 months, we will remove any credit on your Account after a further 2 months and credit will not be recoverable. Your service will then remain suspended for a further 5 months and can be reconnected at any time during this period. When the suspension period ends your service will be disconnected, this agreement will end and your number will be immediately lost.