cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When is this gravy train coming to a end??

Anon
Not applicable

Hi all,

So, since 3 Ireland have now aquired O2 Ireland. Where does this leave us? 

How long do you think it'll take before 3 pulls the plug? 

Hopefully I'll have a bit of cash left over next month, first thing I'll be doing to buying 12 months of membership!

Paul

12 REPLIES 12

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

You should probably log a support query to ask 48 support about this.

How to get help

Personally I wouldn't bother buying 12 months membership because it's a big outlay and IF 48 decided to pull the plug then there's probably no guarantee that the 12 months membership will be honoured.

But this is just my opinion.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Hi @Anon 

It’s great to see you love 48 so much.

Not to worry, there won’t be any plug pulling or changes to 48. It is business as usual over here in 48 Towers and we will continue to operate on our own separate platform.

bigjoeod
Regular

I think 48 are more of a subsidary body to O2. Not too sure, but basically O2 seem to be a parent company. Kinda like Home Rule sorta craic after the 1916 rising.

Telefonica is (was?) the parent company of O2 and 48.

48 is not a subsidiary of O2.

About us

"48 is a trading name of Telefónica Ireland Limited which is registered in Ireland (company number 234895) with a registered office of 28/29 Sir John Rogerson's Quay, Dublin 2."

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Yeah so basically if O2/3 decide to pull the plug 48 can decide to split from the company to become a complete independant company. How that would roll out I'm not sure because it would be alot of effort involved seeing as it would be starting a company from scratch with an existing service in place.

Anon
Not applicable

I'm sure they're well prepared for it. It's doubtful they haven't come up with how they're going to manage differently!

Anon
Not applicable

Well, i guess i got my answer today!!

Was only a matter of time really

Some of the memberships still seem like really good value though - no?

E.g. Don for €20 giving 1000 mobile mins to any network, 8GB data, unlimited texts (fair usage cap 5000) to any network + 60 mins landline calls.

Does any other network offer anything similar?

Offhand I can't see anything that competes but I could be wrong.

Gravy train ? get real,  1,000mins ?  ( they call this unlimited ). Spend €5 more and get 10,000 mins + ( mob + land ), ( they call this  unlimited ) + unlimited txts  ( mob + land ) and 15gb and free network to network mins.   Go Google (better still go look at tesco)

As 48 would love to say ... How cool is that   :-).

Thank god I did not buy six months membership