cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't select 48 after returning from holiday

dallen666
Newcomer
Hi was away and registered on Telefonica network on return the phone won't connect to 48 network I have tried to manually select and automatically but to no avail. Also GUIDO didn't connect with data abroad.
Any ideas how to get a signal would be very grateful.
5 REPLIES 5

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

Is it an iPhone by any chance?

If so it may be this issue due the stupid way that Apple do things:

https://community.48months.ie/t5/Most-Popular-Questions/iPhone-abroad-issue/td-p/36862

If it's not an iPhone then you may have to contact 48 support for advice.

Data does not work for some people when roaming in the EU on a Guido membership because the APN field of their settings changes from 48month.liffeytelecom.com but when they edit it to change it back to that, save the changes and reboot it works. 

However for some people even doing that doesn't work for some reason and I don't know why 48 support can explain it or fix things so that this does not happen.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

This bulls*it is still happening after three years.

Maybe this thread is of relevance in this context?

https://community.48.ie/t5/Internet/How-to-fix-no-network-service-when-roaming/m-p/56518

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

dallen666
Newcomer
Thanks Dalyer but unfortunately it's not an iPhone it's a ZTE Nubia z11 max. I know you sorted out my problem 2 years ago but I followed the same instructions and it won't work. I think I better get on to 48 support.

What networks are listed if you do a manual scan?

Is 48 listed?

If so what happens when you select it?