cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

48 App in foreign App Store

KonstantinD0449
Newcomer
Besides the roaming problem it is not possible to download the app if your iPhone/ID is registered with a non-Irish App Store. Because of family subscriptions I cannot just change that. No App for me then. 😕
3 REPLIES 3

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

Not sure what you mean by foreign app store?

But, in any case, you can do everything (and probably more) on the website (even using a mobile browser) that you can do with the app.

In my opinion the app is effectively redundant.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Sorry but what's the point of an app if you can't download it when you aren't an Irish or UK resident and don't hold an AppStore account in either country? 
Kind Regards, Christian 

@ChristianM3574 wrote:

Sorry but what's the point of an app if you can't download it when you aren't an Irish or UK resident and don't hold an AppStore account in either country? 
Kind Regards, Christian 

I don't get it.

You can't get a 48 SIM without an Irish address/eircode in the first place.

And, as I said previously in this old thread, I've never been been asked for my location when registering with Google/App Store so I'm not sure where/when/how any App Store geographic checking happens...

BTW my previous comments about the My48 app no longer apply and it does work ok these days. However, you can still do everything via the web interface so the app certainly isn't necessary.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.