cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Order SIM card outside Ireland, but receive it in Ireland

JingwenL8837
Newcomer

I'm going to study in ATU university in Galway city Ireland on the first day of September . I want to order before I go to Ireland, but I'm going to receive the sim card in ATU university in Galway city. can this happen or not?

thanks for your time.

best regards.

my email address: 1014104329@qq.com

1 REPLY 1

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

You can only submit an order using an Irish internet connection. 

I think the website does some sort of geoblocking and won't let you order if it detects that you're not using an Irish internet connection. 

(There have even been reports of it incorrectly blocking people actually who are in Ireland and aren't using a VPN so it doesn't seem totally reliable!).

You'll probably either need to get somebody in Ireland to do the order for you or use a VPN that spoofs your location as Ireland (not sure that there are many or any Irish based VPN proxy servers?).

Or maybe get a SIM from a FunTech store when you arrive in Ireland if that's an option. 

If you need to contact 48 support about this then see the links in my signature below.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.