cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My experience with 48

HalaS9919
Newcomer

Hi all, 

I have a seriuos problem with 48 and I would like to share it with all of you to think before chosing this comapny. 

It is true that it is cheap but belive me you will get nothing from it. It is absolutly useless. 

First, even if you have roaming memebership your phone does not work anywher not even to recieve texts. I was in Spain for 2 weeks then went to Irak for 2 months and was totally without acess to my phone. I cound not recieved any text message such as verifications texts for appliations or even for my bank account. I had many troubles because of that. 

When I came back to Ireland my sim card just does not work and still without access to my accounts or recivening and verivication texts. I contacted the customer services via Chat and tried to active the sim card here again as it was roaming (useless roaming) and it does not work. The agent advice me to ask for a replacement sim card I said I'm in a hurry I havent been able to recieve any text since last Christmas and I need to do many work. 

Anyway now after 3 weeks I still without the replacement and can not use my number because I can not even change the provider without having my sim card. I contacted the customer services 5 times and they keep telling me to wait few days more and I think I'm going just to give up and change my number. 

So guys if your number is important to you and you can not change your number do not stay with this company but if it is seondary to use it for a couple of months but without linking your number with any importnat service stay with this useless comapny. 

Thanks,

Hala 

9 REPLIES 9

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
Do you have an iPhone by any chance?
If you do then it and the complicated way Apple do things (roaming profiles, activation via UK SMS etc.) could be related to some of the problems that you experienced.

If you want a replacement SIM you can order one yourself from your online account.
You don't need to ask 48 support for one.

Hope this helps.
I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

DavidW7472
Newcomer
How's your data? Mine is touch and go, unable to use at times!?

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
If you're asking me then it's fine.
I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

charlemont
Visitor

cant even top up my monthly account now and i a customer for 7 yrs absolute atrocious website to navigate too

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
Posting the same issue four times isn't really necessary.

it is necessary because ye have a **bleep** site with no real support ye are denying me service on a visa card that belongs to me i used the same card a month ago and had no problem now ill be waiting to get credit for days while ye wait to validate my card 

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
Don't rant at me mate.
I don't even work for 48.
If you even bothered to read my signature you'd be aware of this.
Anyway you seem to want to just rant rather than contacting 48 support through the usual channels to get your issue looked into so I'll leave you to it if that's all you want to do...

RoseR0821
Newcomer
My, God, same bust going on here in Ireland. My old number will not port over but I have closed with Tesco, who ere excellent and presents a human being who is trained to sort everything out. I have had no phone for 4 days, most hours within.

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
I don't understand.
Are you saying that you are trying to port your number from Tesco to 48 but can't get the porting security code text because your Tesco SIM no longer works?
If that is the case then you need to contact 48 support to get this done another way.
See the link in my signature below for how to contact 48 support or email them at support@48months.zendesk
If that's not the problem then please clarify what is the problem.

Hope this helps.