cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Don't join 48 if you wish to use Ulsterbank online banking

MarkQ9460
Visitor

Cannot access Ulsterbank online banking via the 48 network. 

Apparently it works with the Ulsterbank app.. I neither have nor want the app! 

It isnt possible to access via your browser.

Future potential users be warned!

9 REPLIES 9

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
As I mentioned here the login page works fine for me...

https://community.48.ie/t5/Just-Hang-Out/Cannot-access-Ulsterbank-anytime-banking-on-48/m-p/55110#M2...

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support then please click here - if the Chat Now option does not appear on that page then keep trying until it does.

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

Why don't you want to use the UB app if it does the job that you want?

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support then please click here - if the Chat Now option does not appear on that page then keep trying until it does.

Why is that of any concern to you? you dont even work for 48..

Apparently.

Convenient way to distance themselves from ANY interaction with customers.

>Why don't you want to use the UB app if it does the job that you want?

The obvious answer to this question is privacy and app permissions. Corporate apps are much harder to control than browsers, and tend to suck more data than necessary given half a chance.

Ulsterbank collects as much data as they can just like every other corporation does today. You have to be right on top of every app, and their permissions, and fully up-to-date with their privacy policy and terms and conditions, or have other apps to do this for you. Or you configure a good privacy respecting mobile browser.

By using a good mobile browser like properly configured Firefox and installing ad-blocking and privacy enhancing addons you can greatly limit the data they can collect to just the necessary information in order to do your banking and nothing else.

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

It's not a particular concern of mine.
I just wondered why you wouldn't use the app if that solves the problem that you're having.

Seems like an obvious solution?
And yes, I do not work for 48.
If you want to contact 48 support then check the link in my signature.

Hope this helps.

MarkQ9460
Visitor
🤣 doesn't work for 48 but has the contact details there in your signature for convenience. You good samaritan.

I've a reason why I don't want to use the app, which to you is irrelevant.

I cannot log into Ulster bank anytime banking from the 48 network via any browser. End of story.

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

I am not a 48 employee.
The link in my signature is for the convenience of people who read this forum.
You should contact 48 support about your issue if you're not getting the assistance that you need here on the community forum.

Hope this helps.

SharonOM4718
Newcomer
Hi , thinking of joining ( before midnight ) just a little apprehensive, I have read that people cannot use the ulster bank app after joining ?? Or am I mistaken , many thanks in advance.

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
It's the Ulster Bank website that doesn't work for some reason.
The app is fine.

Hope this helps.