cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't order a SIM due to various errors

MrsAM8421
Newcomer

Hi, I can't order sim card, I've tried varies option including "need a sim" and "replacment sim order" for which I got to enter an postal address but every method prompts basically, can't determime IP address, current sim card/cell number, abroad, using vpn etc....

for which has no revelance to actually ordering a sim card, all that is needed is valid Irish postal address...

So how do I resolve ?

3 REPLIES 3

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

You post is a bit confusing.

Are you trying to order a new SIM or a replacement SIM?

What exactly is the text of the error(s?) that you get?

Does it make any difference if you try another browser, device or the app instead of the website (or vice versa)?

Are you located abroad or using a VPN? Maybe the site does geolocation based on IP address and rejects any that don't seem to be Irish? Try it without the VPN if you're using one and are physically located in Ireland?

If nothing else works then you'll have to contact 48 support for further assistance.

See the link in my signature below or email them at support@48months.zendesk.com

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Hi Dalyer, thanks for replying..

I'm a new customer so was trying to order a sim as my billpay contract with an other service provider is coming to an end.

I'm on an Irish network currently and as to system rejecting, I can't see how as it shows in account last IP address from last log in for which is trace back is an Irish server address (as in provider) .

I'm currently on desktop and have tried to order too via cell to get the same nonsense popup.

I don't use google or apple rubbish os both are actually forks of Linux anyway.

I'll mail support to resolve, if not I'll join another virtual cell network.

Thanks for your anyway Dale and the time taken to reply.

Regards..

> I'm a new customer so was trying to order a sim as my billpay contract with an other service provider is coming to an end

In that case you should use the new SIM option and not the replacement SIM option.

The replacement SIM option is specifically for existing 48 users/account holders who need a replacement SIM because their existing one is lost/stolen or faulty.

> I'm on an Irish network currently and as to system rejecting, I can't see how as it shows in account last IP address from last log in for which is trace back is an Irish server address (as in provider) .

> I'm currently on desktop and have tried to order too via cell to get the same nonsense popup.

I don't really understand what you're saying here and I can't see that you clarified the exact wording of the error message(s?)?

> I don't use google or apple rubbish os both are actually forks of Linux anyway.

I'm also not sure what you're referring to here as nobody mentioned OSs.

For what it's worth Apple iOS/macOS has nothing to do with Linux. It's actually originally derived, via NeXTSTEP, from FreeBSD and the Mach microkernel - not Linux.

If you want to order a new SIM then I would suggest that you try another device, browser, network connection and see if that makes any difference.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.