cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

roaming data problem

dokgolf
Visitor

Been onto cyst service 3 times. None of internet settings they gave me work in Tenerife. In fact one of them just deleted all APN settings from my phone. ANYONE experiencing the same ?

Edit: duplicate posts moved into one thread. There's no need to post four times about the same issue in different threads. Once is sufficient.

9 REPLIES 9

dokgolf
Visitor

dokgolf
Visitor
I have exactly same problem in Tenerife. Calls and texts working but no data. Been on live chat 3 times now and none of APN settings work. In fact one of them just delete all 48 settings from phone

dokgolf
Visitor

Lots of people are having this problem but unfortunately nobody - not even 48 support it seems - can explain what's wrong and what the fix is.

The only other suggestion that I've seen is to leave the APN settings as they are but change the APN field from whatever it is while roaming back to 48months.lifffeytelecom.com, switch off/on and see if that makes any difference.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Did that help at all @dokgolf?

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

dokgolf
Visitor
Just tried that now and still no joy. Not frustrating if I'm honest. Thanks for The help though.

MarkF9397
Newcomer

It is July 2021 and this problem still hasn't been solved I was in Tenerife last week and had text and calls but no data, the 48 APN settings were reset to those of a Belgian telecoms company???? What gives 48?

@MarkF9397 wrote:

It is July 2021 and this problem still hasn't been solved I was in Tenerife last week and had text and calls but no data, the 48 APN settings were reset to those of a Belgian telecoms company???? What gives 48?

Did you change the APN field from internet.proximus.be (or whatever) back to 48months.liffeytelcom.com?

Short answer: If you like to travel, don't use a Mobile Virtual Network Operator (MVNO).

MVNOs in Ireland are 48, GoMo, Tesco, Clear Mobile, An Post, etc,. You're much better off with the main operators, although 3 should be avoided due to awful customer relations issues. 

MVNOs have A LOT of problems providing services when roaming. Over the years, myself and the family have tried a variety of handsets, and have been with 48, Tesco, and GoMo. We always have problems roaming, with no mobile network access at all or only partiel functions (e.g. receive calls but not make them). We have engaged with the support communities and network chat many many times, followed all the best practice and recommended settings, to the point that we now know that MVNOs cannot provide reliable roaming services.