cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the expected mobile data speed on 48?

PavloY3995
Visitor

I had 1 free gb, max speed judge by Ookla was 250mbps. but when the moment came to sign the contract, I see that the maximum speed of 10 mbps is indicated there. So what speed would be? Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

i bought a plan. 5g 150mbps 35 ms ping

View solution in context

8 REPLIES 8

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

4G/LTE or 5G?

I presume 5G because 4G/LTE theoretical max speed is about 100Mbps while on 5G it's about 2,000Mbps (note that these are theoretical maximum speeds and not necessarily available on 48 or other networks in practice).

(I presume that you're sure that you did the first speed test of 250Mbps on mobile data and not on WiFi?)

I find that 4G/LTE speeds vary wildly.

And your location and local demands on the 48/Three networks can impact the effective speeds.

Sometimes I can be lucky and get 10-20Mbps.

Most of the time it seems to be a lot lower.

Right now I'm barely getting 1Mbps!

City Centre end of Dublin 7.

If you need to contact 48 support about this then see the links in my signature below.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

4G LTE, South Kerry. i’m pretty sure that was a Mobile data not wifi

250Mbps on 4G/LTE doesn't sound right.

Most sources seem to suggest a maximum theoretical speed of 100Mbps?

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

1mbps? That not even enough for 1080p video

Tried again from the front of the house and got 50Mbps down/35Mbps up.

As I say, I think it varies a lot based on location, local demand etc.

I don't use that much data - maybe a bit playing music in the car etc. or when I need connected apps out and about.

the biggest speed of my wifi i can remember was 30mbps so sure that wasn’t wifi. also i didn’t see 5g logo, only LTE

i bought a plan. 5g 150mbps 35 ms ping

GavinO6179
Newcomer

I get 168 down and 12 up with a 26 ping on 4G/LTE