cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using 48 SIM in an unlocked mobile internet modem/dongle

DanielOG3979
Newcomer

I have a Huawei R216 mobile internet modem or dongle. It won't work with the new 48 sim I got, it does work with a GoMo sim I have on my phone. I read old posts saying it may be against terms of use, though I can't see it on the fair usage policy on the website. How can I contact 48 staff directly? Is there an email address for support or chat facility? Posting this in the hope support staff will see this.

Danny

5 REPLIES 5

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

When you put the 48 SIM in the dongle did you configure the correct internet/APN settings?

https://community.48.ie/t5/The-Knowledgebase/Data-APN-Settings-i-e-Internet-amp-MMS-Settings/ta-p/53...

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

DanielOG3979
Newcomer
Thanks Dalyer! 48months.liffeytelecom.com was what I needed. Many thanks.

Bridfetw3425
Newcomer
Where do i go to type in my pin that i received in messages my pin is 0000

I don't understand...

What has this got to do with mobile broadband dongles which is what this thread is about?

What PIN are you referring to?

What did the message say that contained the PIN?

What triggered the sending of this message/PIN?

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Any update @Bridfetw3425 ?