cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot make calls - Internet & Receiving calls is fine tho!

LiamNolanJ1137
Newcomer

I have an active membership until 23rd November. All was working fine until this morning. Now I cannot make any calls, goes straight to call failed message.

People can ring me and I can use 3g/4g fine. I'm in Dublin 24 area so usually strong signal.

Is there a problem with the network at the moment?

13 REPLIES 13

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

Might make no difference but try toggling airplane mode on and off again and see if that helps at all?

If not then is there any chance that you exceeded your allowed call minutes or the fair usage limits?

Can you send/receive texts OK?

If necessary you should contact 48 support.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Having the same problem as of this morning, already tried the standard troubleshooting like restart/airplane mode
I really need this to be sorted asap

I tried to call my home landline just now and it failed.

Toggled airplane mode on and off and called again and it worked.

I'm in Dublin 7/Dublin 1.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Yeah tried that already, reset the phone, everything, no use... contacted via Twitter and waiting on a LiveChat Agent to become available.

SharonH5363
Newcomer
I’m having same issue, very frustrating! I was able to call earlier then suddenly I can’t, can sense a text though.

Agent online said:

Liam, please try to remove the SIM card from the SIM slot and insert the SIM card back to the SIM slot.

Once done just need to go to settings > mobile data > mobile network > turn off automatic to search networks

Please select the network 48 3G or the 4G

Please also update the APN

Name — 48 Internet
APN — 48months.liffeytelecom.com
Proxy — Not set
Port — Not set
Username — user
Password — Not set
Server - Not set
MMSC - http://mmc1/servlets/mms
MMS proxy - 10.1.11.19
MMS port - 8080
MCC - 272
MNC - 11
Authentication type - PAP
APN type - default, supl, mms

(even though I have an iPhone they gave me Android settings, luckily I know my way around this and have done it before)

Anyway, still no luck, and no I cannot receive calls every 2nd attempt. But I'm getting 155mbps download speeds!!! Frustrating!!!

SharonH5363
Newcomer
Thanks so much for linking this info Liam, I’m not holding my breath but I’ll try, I also have iPhone. I’m new too, I hope this isn’t a regular occurrence.
It’s frustrating that there isn’t a number to call if there’s an issue as they never reply to Facebook messenger , & it’s annoying waiting for a chat agent.
Wish me luck🙏

Good luck!!!

They are now getting me to order a replacement sim, after checking the coverage in my area and it being marked as 'Excellent'

I may have to go back to Vodafone €20 Unlimited X Plan AGAIN. Only went back to 48 due to the 7.99 deal but if I can't make calls, what is the point.

SharonH5363
Newcomer
Ok I just turned off mobile data, was about to do the whole APN thing , and thought I’d try a call and it worked.
I hope your’s is sorted soon!