Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted

Webtext

[ Edited ]
Crew (retired)
‎12-06-2013 02:33 PM

48callme.jpgIf you have been following us on Facebook, you probably have seen our new update '48 Call Me' from Laura.

This is basically a new feature from 48 that allows you to get in touch with people when you have run out of minutes.

Thanks to this we have seen some good comments about it and some comments about getting WebtextSo we would like to know your opinion about this. What do you like about Webtext?

Let us know what you think about it, we want to hear form you!

13 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Webtext

The Legend
‎12-06-2013 03:20 PM

Might be worth reposting this link since the Call Me feature was also posted here recently...

http://community.48months.ie/t5/Most-Popular-Questions-Knowledge/How-to-send-Call-Me-messages/ta-p/9...

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee so if you need to contact 48 support then use option 3 or the chat facility here.
2 Likes
Highlighted

Newcomer
‎14-06-2013 12:19 PM

yes webtext will be excelent idea!

it also mean that 48 going the be best network to choose! its very useful..

11 Likes
Highlighted

Newcomer
‎18-06-2013 01:56 PM

Yeah webtext would be a great idea, it's really the one thing I miss from my original network Smiley Happy

9 Likes
Highlighted

The Legend
‎18-06-2013 03:51 PM

On memberships with "unlimited" texts (all but Mitch) one alternative to webtexts is using something like Airdroid (http://www.airdroid.com/) to send texts from your computer via your phone. I'm sure that there is something similar to Airdroid for iPhones and maybe other OSs? On the other hand that will not work if, for any reason, the mobile network is down in which case - yes - webtexts that are independent of the actual 48 mobile network could be useful. :-)

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee so if you need to contact 48 support then use option 3 or the chat facility here.
2 Likes
Highlighted

Anon
‎18-06-2013 10:55 PM
Defo web text!! Super excited!!
Posted from Nokia Lumia 800
0 Likes
Highlighted

Newcomer
‎20-06-2013 02:29 PM

re the webtext, i only ever get the 10 euro deal and i often pay for 2-3 months at a time so it dosnt concern me really, i suppose for some people it would be handy especially those with smartphones but im content with my set up. i used to use webtext on my old vodafone sony ericcson smart phone but that was because it was too expensive for credit, 48 dosnt have that same flaw when unlimited credit is only 10 euro a month. webtext would lead to people only availing of a 48 service which costs 15-20 for internet when they could just buy the 10e deal for actual texts. just so long as the 10e deal remains im happy

dylan

1 Like
Highlighted

The Legend
‎20-06-2013 02:34 PM

Just to clarify ... sounds like you're a member since before March 5th and still qualify for the €10 Standard membership including "unlimited" texts? Not everybody will be able to purchase that in which case they'll need the €15 Duke or €20 Don for "unlimited" SMS texts. 

Hope this helps.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Anon
‎21-06-2013 12:56 PM

Webtext is a great idea! 

I always used it on my old network, its great for sending group messages! 

0 Likes
Highlighted

The Legend
‎21-06-2013 01:08 PM

@jooonebug wrote:

Webtext is a great idea! 

I always used it on my old network, its great for sending group messages! 

If you have unlimited texts on your membership then try the likes of Airdroid for the same sort of effect:

http://community.48months.ie/t5/The-Newsroom/Webtext/m-p/2668#M11

Hope this helps.

0 Likes

Announcements
Welcome to the 48Community!

To take part in the discussions or to post your own question, you'll need to register so If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so. Register now >>

While you're here, check out our "Featured Topics" below.

Our Troubleshooting Guide and Knowledgebase contain help and support articles and popular questions to help you as a 48 customer.

Order a free SIM
Earn some extra credit or cash with MatesRates!
Unlock your phone
Ask the community