cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
72% helpful (18/25)
jess_48
Community Manager
Community Manager

Every new customer can try 48 commitment-free!  

How can I order my free 48 SIM? 

To order your free 48 SIM, tap here. Once your SIM arrives, you'll need to activate your SIM to enjoy a free 1GB on us. This gives you the opportunity to check out our services without having to pay!  

Is there a catch? 

Nope, no catch, but once you activate your SIM, you have 7 days to use it or lose it. 

It's also worth noting that the try before you buy SIM is data only, so you wont be able to make calls and texts until you purchase a plan. You can, however, receive incoming calls and SMS. If you've taken a temporary number, you can check this out on your My48 so you can make a test call, etc.

Login My48 >> My Profile >> My details, and your number will be displayed here. 

What happens to the free 1GB if I buy a plan during the days trial? 

When you buy a plan during the 7 days trial, your free 1GB will be added to your allowance, so you won’t miss out. 

Just a heads up: You may need to update your internet settings (APN) if you're not getting a data connection after you've activated your SIM. Have a look at our article that will guide you through what to do, here.

What about customers who are already on the network?  

The free 1GB is for new customers only as it’s an opportunity for anyone new to 48 to try before they buy.  But we’ve got you covered, as a committed 48 customer, you can earn free credit by recruiting your friends.

Simply log in to your My48 account to share your unique link to get recruiting. If you need more info, see our guide on Recruit & Reward. 

Was this article helpful? Yes No
Version history
Last update:
‎30-05-2023 09:25 AM
Updated by: