Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted

Re: Porting number - old one deactived, but number still not ported

Newcomer
‎06-11-2013 12:17 PM

Thanks for the reply 1amcn.

I don't see any notifications there (I assume the "My 48" page is the one you're talking about?).

0 Likes
Highlighted

Rock Star
‎06-11-2013 12:26 PM

Hi -

You should contact 48 support at this stage:

http://help.48months.ie/requests/new

Hope it is rectified soon!

:-)
Posted from Samsung GT-I9100
1 Like
Highlighted

Anon
‎06-11-2013 03:44 PM

Mine is still porting (3rd day now). I wouldn't mind if the old sim hadn't been immediately deactivated. It seems like someone somewhere isn't ticking a box or pressing a button. 

And the new SIM doesn't work (I am connected to 48, I have roaming on and I can see the H telling me my APN is correct too). It looks like I can't purchase a subscription until the port is complete, so I'm in limbo. Old sim off, new sim can't be used.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Visitor
‎06-11-2013 08:07 PM

Same problem here its been three full days and no port yet,old network still active but not sure what the hold up is and its getting a bit long winded now Smiley Sad

0 Likes
Highlighted

Rock Star
‎06-11-2013 09:12 PM

Hi

I ported over from 02 to 48 too...

I know how frustrating it is if you are unlucky enough to have to wait longer...

Meantime - Keep regular check's on your membership page for update's & notification message's.

If (& you should) have logged a ticket to 48 support - only message them on the subject thereafter if they require you to, bumping ticket's wont work!

:-)

0 Likes
Highlighted

Visitor
‎06-11-2013 11:03 PM
You will excuse me if i bump tickets when i feel apt too,
I fully understand that things can be beyond certain individuals control but it doesn't cost much to update the situation even if just to keep you in the loop Smiley Happy
0 Likes
Highlighted

The Legend
‎06-11-2013 11:06 PM

1amcn is referring to bumping help/support tickets. Not posting here. If you bump a support ticket then it goes to the end of the queue and it can delay getting a response from 48 support. Posting here is no problem. Hope that clarifies.

I am not a 48 employee so if you need to contact 48 support then use option 3 or the chat facility here.
0 Likes
Highlighted

Visitor
‎07-11-2013 12:40 AM
Maybe he could have stated that, plus its a bit foolish if the result of bumping a request means it goes to the end of the queue??

His last sentence reads to me anyway, don't speak till you are spoken to?

This is 2013 not the dark ages, it doesn't fill me with confidence if this is the state of the customer support,

And thats not meant to be personal, just fact
0 Likes
Highlighted

The Legend
‎07-11-2013 09:17 AM

1amcn doesn't work for 48 - same as myself.

He (she?) was just trying to inform you that if you bump a support request ticket then it will get put back to the end of the queue.

I agree that this doesn't necessarily make sense (other than when somebody is obviously taking the piss by bumping their ticket with no useful additional info) but that's the way it is.

I am not a 48 employee so if you need to contact 48 support then use option 3 or the chat facility here.
0 Likes
Highlighted

Anon
‎07-11-2013 10:07 AM
I have the same problem since yesterday.
Full bars and I can only make emergency calls.
Posted from Samsung GT-I9300
0 Likes

Announcements
Welcome to the 48Community!

To take part in the discussions or to post your own question, you'll need to register so If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so. Register now >>

While you're here, check out our "Featured Topics" below.

Our Troubleshooting Guide and Knowledgebase contain help and support articles and popular questions to help you as a 48 customer.

Order a free SIM
Earn some extra credit or cash with MatesRates!
Unlock your phone
Ask the community