Do you mean 
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Personal Hotspot on iPhone

[ Edited ]
Anon
‎29-12-2014 09:28 AM

Hi,

I have an iphone 4 (dont laugh) I cant set up a Personal Hotspot,I just signed up tp 48 a few days ago and didn't know that they do not support this function,

I need this as i use my laptop on site, I tried following the info posted on the help page but no joy. can anybody help me with the iphone4 specifically??

Thanks

*edited title to match conversation* - Sheena

0 Likes

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Personal Hotspot

[ Edited ]
The Legend
‎31-12-2014 03:01 PM

Does this help at all?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PF8dC-Ikc0

*edited to embed video* - Sheena

I am not a 48 employee so if you need to contact 48 support then use option 3 or the chat facility here.

View solution in context

4 Likes

All Replies
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
The Legend
‎29-12-2014 12:50 PM

For configuring the internet/APN settings for access to the internet from the phone itself see here:

http://community.48months.ie/t5/Need-Help/internet-on-my-phone/m-p/31369#M10212

However the specific issue of iPhone based personal hotspots has come up several times before.

If you search the forum for "personal hotspot" you will find previous threads about the same issue.

Unfortunately nobody has ever been able to post an adequate explanation of what to do or why it doesn't work.

Best bet is probably to log a support query and ask 48 support about it.

How to get help

If you do get an answer then perhaps you could post it here for the benefit of others?

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee so if you need to contact 48 support then use option 3 or the chat facility here.
1 Like
Highlighted

Anon
‎31-12-2014 09:29 AM

Hi

Ok, thanks,  I have raised the issue with the tehcies, no real help unfortunately, but i will trying appealing to their better nature.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Anon
‎31-12-2014 09:31 AM

Hi

Ok, thanks,  I have raised the issue with the tehcies, no real help unfortunately, but i will try appealing to their better nature.

0 Likes
Highlighted

The Legend
‎31-12-2014 11:05 AM
Judging by previous posts by support I don't think that they will advise here since strictly the terms and conditions don't allow tethering or the use of hotspots.
What happens when you try to configure it?
What errors/messages?
Does normal data access work?
Maybe you can Google for info that may help?

Hope this helps.

Posted from Generic Android 4.1
0 Likes
Highlighted

Anon
‎31-12-2014 02:00 PM
I followed the previous posts but it just throws up the message" contact the carrier" or something similar,
I don't really understand the reluctance of 48, I can only use the bytes already bought, if this is not enough, I will get more, either way, 48 are not at any loss, and I'm sure their customers would appreciate being able to use hotspots.
Posted from Apple iPhone
0 Likes
Highlighted

The Legend
‎31-12-2014 02:55 PM

Yeah - I don't know why they don't facilitate this but on the other hand the terms and conditions currently don't allow for tethering/personal hotstpots even if you cannot go "into the red" with data usage and even if they have said that if you get it working then they don't necessarily do anything about it. Maybe they don't want to encourage lots of people using lots of data or something... I don't really know... Man Indifferent

1 Like
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
The Legend
‎31-12-2014 03:01 PM

Does this help at all?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PF8dC-Ikc0

*edited to embed video* - Sheena

4 Likes
Highlighted

Anon
‎31-12-2014 03:38 PM
I know, thanks for your input anyway, pity I diden't know about this before I switched, I'm at a loss now work wise as I need my PC on site for programming, looks like I'll have to revert to emobile, no issues re hotspots €30 gives me a 15Gb allowance plus calls and texts,
Posted from Apple iPhone
0 Likes
Highlighted

The Legend
‎31-12-2014 03:56 PM

Did the video help at all?

1 Like

Announcements
Welcome to the 48Community!

To take part in the discussions or to post your own question, you'll need to register so If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so. Register now >>

While you're here, check out our "Featured Topics" below.

Our Troubleshooting Guide and Knowledgebase contain help and support articles and popular questions to help you as a 48 customer.

Order a free SIM
Earn some extra credit or cash with MatesRates!
Unlock your phone
Ask the community