Accepted Solution

Have to enter PIN every time I start the phone

[ Edited ]
Anon
‎02-07-2013 01:00 PM

Hi, Lawrence here, just joined 48 months, I have a question, why do I need enter my pin every time when I restart my phone?

0 Likes

Accepted Solutions

Re: Have to enter PIN every time I start the phone

[ Edited ]
The Legend
‎02-07-2013 03:08 PM

The SIM PIN lock option is probably enabled on your phone. It should be possible to disable this so that you don't have to enter the PIN every time you reboot the phone. The SIM PIN lock option is usually under security settings. Where this is depends on what type of phone and phone operating system you have.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee so if you need to contact 48 support then please see here.

View solution in context

2 Likes

All Replies

[ Edited ]
The Legend
‎02-07-2013 03:08 PM

The SIM PIN lock option is probably enabled on your phone. It should be possible to disable this so that you don't have to enter the PIN every time you reboot the phone. The SIM PIN lock option is usually under security settings. Where this is depends on what type of phone and phone operating system you have.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee so if you need to contact 48 support then please see here.
2 Likes

[ Edited ]
Anon
‎02-07-2013 04:13 PM

thanks very much, I am using lumia 820, when I used vodafone before, I don't need to enter pin every time. Is it because I don't set it right?

0 Likes

The Legend
‎02-07-2013 08:35 PM

It may be enabled on 48 SIMs by default. Just switch it off.

http://community.48months.ie/t5/Need-Help/lumia-820/m-p/3622#M1057

Hope this helps.

Posted from DoCoMo N-07D
0 Likes

Newcomer
‎25-09-2020 07:46 AM
How can I get mobile data settings again, i have activated my sim and bought the membership package as well. But the mobile data is not working
Posted from Huawei JKM-Al00A
0 Likes

The Legend
‎25-09-2020 08:14 AM
Are your internet/APN settings configured correctly?

https://community.48.ie/t5/The-Knowledgebase/My-Internet-is-not-working/ta-p/45928

Hope this helps.

Posted from Generic Android 2.0
0 Likes

Newcomer
‎07-04-2021 08:13 PM
Hi there, I’m currently on an iPhone and I checked under the privacy section but couldn’t find anything to help me. Is there anything I can do?
Posted from Apple iPhone
0 Likes

The Legend
‎07-04-2021 08:18 PM
You mean to disable SIM PIN locking?
It's not under Privacy settings.
It's here

https://support.apple.com/en-ie/HT201529

Hope this helps.

0 Likes

Newcomer
‎08-04-2021 11:26 AM
Or go settings it should give you the option to change pin or remove pin since your on android I say search it up on YouTube
Posted from Apple iPhone
0 Likes

The Legend
‎08-04-2021 11:46 AM
@Abdule2472, @InchydoneyS2039 has said that they're using an iPhone and the link that I posted explains exactly what they need to do to disable SIM PIN locking in an iPhone. So I'm not sure why you're posting instructions that are more vague and mentioning Android?

0 Likes

Announcements
Welcome to the 48Community!

To take part in the discussions or to post your own question, you'll need to register so If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so. Register now >>

While you're here, check out our "Featured Topics" below.

Our Troubleshooting Guide and Knowledgebase contain help and support articles and popular questions to help you as a 48 customer.

Top Discussions
Order a free SIM
Earn some extra credit or cash with MatesRates!
Unlock your phone
Ask the community