Re: Can't buy membership

The Legend
‎14-09-2018 03:15 PM
Kind of suspected that 3D Secure verification might be the problem alright.
I've seen this happen before but then for many (most?) users it just works as you would expect.
Don't know why it sometimes doesn't work.
Or why 48 can't fix it so that it just works for everybody...
Hopefully they can sort out out for you two sooner rather than later (although it's already later it seems!).

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support then please click here - if the Chat Now option does not appear on that page then keep trying until it does.
Posted from Xiaomi Redmi Note 3
0 Likes

Newcomer
‎22-07-2021 02:11 PM
very similar problem. This is a source of huge frustration for me. What now
Posted from Generic Android 2.0 Tablet
0 Likes

The Legend
‎22-07-2021 10:40 PM

@breent wrote:
very similar problem. This is a source of huge frustration for me. What now

Please describe the issue that you're experiencing in detail.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support then please click here - if the Chat Now option does not appear on that page then keep trying until it does.
Posted from Generic Android 2.0
0 Likes

Newcomer
Thursday

I orderd sim card using my friend's referral link. Now my old number is moved and is ready. I tried buying my first membership but I can't. It says "There was a problem with your card payment.". I have tried it with 3 different bank cards with different bank provider using 3 different devices. I tried saving my bank details on my 48 account like the agent said and it took 0.01c from me and i still cant use it to buy the membership. I have even use the gift shop top up method but it is still not working. I was with the agent for almost an hour before she disconnected me. I don't think there's a problem with my card since they took 0.01c from me. Any suggestion?

0 Likes

The Legend
Thursday

I don't know why the support agent terminated the communication but you're probably only going to get this sorted by talking to them again.

Unfortunately this sort of problem send to crop up for some users from time to time for no obvious reason and only 48 themselves can sort it out.

Hope this helps.

Posted from Generic Android 2.0
0 Likes

Visitor
Thursday

So sorry that you are having this problem. I had the same problem in 2018 which they eventually solved until 2021 when the same problem cropped up when my card updated. I went to the same frustrating process as you with their agents, doing all the things they suggested to you, none of them work. I was really annoyed so I sent them an email saying this problem was corrected in 2018 so someone there knows how to do it and it should not have cropped up again. I asked them would they please get their technical team on it and that I was leaving. In a couple of days I could renew my membership again but I don't know what they did and my request for info was ignored. All I can tell you is that the problem is with them, I think it has something to do with card authorising but I don't know I did the same as you trying different cards, different devices even my husband's card to no avail so I think this problem occurs only on some peoples accounts for some reason. However they fixed it on my account twice so I can't understand why all their agents have not being informed where to refer the problem when it occurs. I know of people who had the same problem and just left but that was when one could buy top ups. In 3 years time when card updates again the same may happen on my account so I must make sure and have some credit which will allow me to change network and keep my number. I hope you can get this solved and feel free to quote what happened in my case. It definitely is a technical hitch on their side, sorry for being so longwinded

0 Likes

Announcements
Welcome to the 48Community!

To take part in the discussions or to post your own question, you'll need to register so If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so. Register now >>

While you're here, check out our "Featured Topics" below.

Our Troubleshooting Guide and Knowledgebase contain help and support articles and popular questions to help you as a 48 customer.

Order a free SIM
Earn some extra credit or cash with MatesRates!
Unlock your phone
Ask the community